Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

17mm Ammunition

CadetNewb

Some new types of ammunition for the 17mm Pistol, and maybe for carbines in the future. The anti-matter one appeared quite powerful, as it is not as restricted by recoil as the Sabot round. However, to compensate, I added in effects of the matter-antimatter reaction which will potentially harm the user if used recklessly, in addition to the necessary standoff range. The price is also very high, at about 19 KS per individual round. That's like buying...ok. Not even .50 BMG is that expensive is it? The monitoring rounds are effective as they are due to the much more spacious room inside of the 17mm as opposed to the 11mm or so of a .45. In all honesty though, this is a direct competitor to the HHG. I'd be a lying bastard if I said otherwise.

Let There Be Capitalism! Shazaaam!

That particular round is actually already approved, the last three being the ones under review. Speaking of which, these new runds have no listed Range. Cadette, you should do something about that.

I added in the ranges. And yes, that APDS round was approved; it's well balanced in the fact that it was designed for use as a PA's backup weapon or sidearm. Using it without PA assistance will cause signifigant bodily harm. Even ID-SOLs will have a lot of trouble. Assume a heavily reinforced case with a powerful and fast burning powder.

Personally though, I'm more worried about the anti-matter rounds. We already have a plasma pistol that does ADR 3, so I'm wondering if it's too much or too little. Depending on feedback, things are prone to change.

Primarily, does the antimatter do too much or too little damage? What about price?

And sorry Koku, no royalties. I think patents wear off after a few years? :P

there's a couple of formatting errors on the last two types of ammunition.

Also, that's Fian, not Kokuten, Cadette.

Curse my vertigo....

The formatting errors that I could see have been fixed, but please check, because I'm now wary about trusting my eyes.

And sorry about the mix up Fian. More evidence to the pressures of finals. Aside; the ammunition for the 17mm should be much more expensive across the board than anything fed into the HHG, prompting hard decisions in regards to finances.

As for the antimatter round, I'm still wondering if it should be ADR 2 or 3, considering the existing plasma revolver.

And. I think I need to lie down.

Yes. As they are, the rounds are prohibitively expensive, as well as dangerous to the user for the DR they provide. In the future, if it still is too much, a price increase can put to order.

I am also satisfied with the higher performance/higher costs of the other rounds as well. Again, another price increase can help if it proves too much.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back