• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 02 - Mission 1: Epilogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

• ((This a continuation of the Fort Ready & YSS Senbu cross-over plot.))

ON: YSS Senbu

Onboard the YSS Senbu, it had been a few hours since the squad's return. The wounded were in the Anri DSR's advanced medical facilities, the likes of which are not to be found on other Star Army ships of its size. The entirety of the 12th deck was dedicated to its state-of-the-art operating theatres, laboratories, containment rooms, ST-backup machines, and anything else to aid in the recovery of injured persons. Maya and Kail were side by side in long ceiling to floor tubes filled with thick red hemosynthetic fluid. Kazuma was given a quick once over, but at this point he was released from medical care with a set of small burses that were quickly healing themselves. Mizu was also released at the same time with a similar situation, only she suffered burns from the shots on her shoulder, which was also healing rapidly under a tight wrapping of bandages thanks to her Neko anatomy.

Kuriko sat inside the medbay within sight range of the hemosynth tubes. "Will they be okay?" Kuriko asked a nearby nurse. Kuriko seemed slightly shaken as she spoke.

Maya was beginning to stir awake a little after what had just happened, the last thing she could remember was trying to speed away from the fireball explosion behind her and then something had hit her and knocked her engines out and then hitting the bulkhead followed by a big bright light. Maya slowly opened her eyes but all she could see was red everywhere and everything was distorted. Soon, Maya realized that she couldn’t feel her right arm anymore and took a look and was shocked at what she saw. All she could see was a stump and realized her whole right arm was gone! Maya was starting to hyperventilate in the tank after trying to figure out what had just happened to her.

A platinum blond-haired Neko paused in her tracks then placed a hand on Kuriko's shoulder. "You’re the one who found them, right?" She said with a slight tilt of her head. Then another red-haired Neko nurse inside was alerted to Maya's rapidly raising heart rate. The blonde nurse looked back slightly alarmed, then tried to usher Kuriko away from the hemosynthetic tube section of deck 12, "Please come with me."

I'm probably in their way, Kuriko thought for a second before she realized that the nurses face looked slightly alarmed. "What's wrong? Are they gonna be okay?" Kuriko asked again as she started to move toward the tank, her voice suddenly becoming very emotional.

Mizu found herself leaving the medbay with a depressed atmosphere around her. She had lost a lot in simulations and was bruised and burned up before as well, but as much as something like that happens, it never really left that great of a feeling with her. Mizu decided she would find out if she was needed for debriefing and then find her way back to her quarters.

Nyoko had been checked out with a clean bill of health, not surprising as she had only been toyed with in combat not actually in it. The two in the tubes were the real casualties here. She left soon after, heading to her room, catching Mizu leaveing as well. She wanted to go say hello, but that would be out of the ordinary, instead heading to her room. If she was needed she would be called, also she did not feel that it would be appropriate to bump into someone with out a gift to say hello.

The bay doors to the tubes shut, restricting Kuriko's access. "Please ma'am, calm down. They'll be just fine. Come with me, and let the medical officers in there do their job," the blonde Neko said, still trying to get her away from the hemosynthetic tube section.

The red-haired, busty nurse rushed over to Maya's tube, quickly finding the panel on the side of her tube and then pressing in a few commands that would administer a calming treatment induced from something released in the fluid. "Please try to remain calm, your aboard the Senbu recovering from the damage you sustained on your mission. I'm here to help you," the nurse's motherly voice was telepathically transmitted to the one-armed pilot in hopes of calming her down.

Kuriko tried to resist at first, but realized that it'd be useless. "Un," the Neko said, defeated. Quietly, Kuriko followed the blonde nurse, not even uttering a noise. Her face, however, said volumes. It was not hard to read the fear and worry off of Kuriko's face.

Maya was still hyperventilating hard inside the tank but then she starting hearing a soothing voice inside her head. She looked up and through the red liquid and plexiglas, she saw an attractive (and busty) red-haired nurse, her sudden appearance was somehow calming and Maya’s breathing was starting to return to normal. "What happend to me! What happend to the others!” she asked frantically though telepathy.

"All of your wing mates are still alive, that's what matters most. As far as I can gather from what's in the initial report, your arm was lost in the explosion of the battleship. You have that woman in the tank beside you to thank for being alive. Just relax, your arm is slowly restoring, it will be another few minutes until it's complete," the nurse said telepathically. With that said the red-haired Neko nurse pressed a few more things on Maya's tube controls and then she could see her arm rapidly begin to grow from the stump.

Mizu had decided upon heading to the main briefing amphitheatre, which was located a short distance aft from the bridge. Tch.. that gold armor, if I meet with it again it'll be the last. Mizu clenched her teeth, balling her fists tightly. Mizu walked inside a power lift, she was on Deck 12 and needed to be on Deck 14. "Deck 14, please," she said.

Nyoko followed Mizu onto the lift; she waited calmly with her hands folded and said nothing. She wanted to greet her but she was nervous. She could stand up to armor with no problem – stare death in the face – but she could not even talk to someone who was her own squad mate. She found it ironic yet also sad and remained silent.

Mizu glanced over to Nyoko, feeling a bit awkward. She felt this way for the fact that she was upset about losing, angry about the golden AIR power armor that had 'played' with her, and then the need to communicate with Nyoko came over her. Mizu looked straight ahead for a few seconds before turning to face Nyoko, putting on a smile.

Nyoko just smiled back it was the least she could do, not moving from her spot she just bowed politely.

After bowing, Mizu kept the smile on her face before opening her mouth to speak, "Hi, I'm not sure we've met before... I'm Mizu Kasaragi of the Pride Wing unit, You are?" she asked politely, placing one hand over the other as it was resting gently at her front. Her smile, however, showed hints that she was upset about something but not particularly Nyoko's presence in the elevator.

"I am Hayashi Nyoko, I am also in Pride wing, I helped in the fight with the gold armor. Umm… you might not have remembered..." She said in a soft tone. She was obviously nervous as she spoke.

Mizu rubbed her forehead, trying to remember what had happened amidst the battle. "I don't quite remember much of the battle but, I'm grateful." Mizu retracted her hand from her forehead and extended it out halfway to Nyoko in greeting. "Also, its a pleasure to meet you, Nyoko-chan. I'd like to personally welcome you to the Pride Wing myself. Seeing as I'm still here with minor injuries, I'd say you're doing quite well." She smiled even wider again, closing her eyes momentarily.

Taking Mizu's hand, Nyoko smiled even brighter, "Thank you, don't worry about the battle to much, I wanna get him as much as you, though I did get some payback – I got him right here!" she said, quickly showing with her other hand on her own face where she had made an impact on the gold armor. "It was close and he had me but unfortunately his goal was just to delay us, that’s why the other two are in medical..." She ended her sentence there, looking mournful for a moment just as the door opened.

After who-knows-how-long, Kail's eyes opened again. "Damn it." she uttered boredly, greeted by the familiar sight of the inside of a hemosynth tank. Obviously, she had made a dangerous decision; she only hoped it had worked out correctly. She tried to shift herself, as something felt odd, and realized with a start that she no longer had arms or legs. "Damn it," she said again, in the same tone as last time.

By this time the beginning morphs of limbs were in the stabilizing stages of Kail's restoration. The busty, red-haired Neko nurse turned her attention to the tube and offered the instructor a kind smile and walked over to check over the display on Kail's tube. "It's good to see you alive, it was touch and go for a while. But thanks to your noble deeds, your student is alive and well beside you. It'll take a little while for the nerves to finish growing and stabilizing. So please relax and be patient,” the attending nurse said telepathically, still smiling up at the fluid suspended Neko kindly.

Maya was feeling a little better after the healing process was beginning on her arm, though she wished she could say the same for Instrutor Kail beside her. Did she really save my life? I dont remember that ever happening. But if she said its true then it must be," Maya thought, then gasped, bubbles rising from the liquid in the tank at a sudden realization. That means she’s going to kill me when she's fully recovered! I got to get out of this thing!"

Kail simply shrugged with the stumps of her arms and replied, "I've had worse." As memories of the brief battle came trickling in, she remembered Maya's brainless charge into the Irim, and how she had gone in to get the recruit back to safety. That bitch is gonna pay for this. Kail thought, logging the thought into her to-do list. "How long have I got to sit in here?" she asked the red-head, curious to see when she could get back to duty and see just how bad her Daisy was, the same amour that had been with her the past 3 years.

"Thank you." Kuriko said to the blond nurse after they had reached the elevator. "I should probably head to the debriefing room now. If anything happens, please let me know." Kuriko requested before turning to the elevator and stepping in. "Debriefing room please," Kuriko said, almost whispering the words. Moments later Kuriko's elevator arrived and Kuriko stepped out of the elevator, her face still slightly shaken but she looked like she was recovering.

"Only a few more minutes, please just remain calm," The redhead responded to Kail. Then her attention was turned to Maya's tube, only a step away. Her fresh new arm was completed. The tube then began draining around her and the nurse quickly rushed over to a small compartment close by to pull out a white yukata with Star Army of Yamatai hinomaru logo print. The front of the tube opened up and the trainee was now standing naked, the nurse quickly went to wrap her in the warm yukata. "Here you go dear, the showers are over there and I had a fresh uniform prepared for you in the locker just outside." The red haired nurse smiled as she gestured Maya to a hall off to the side.

Mizu seemed to have a more cheerful and less depressed atmosphere around her after being shown where Nyoko had gotten back at the gold armor. Even if she couldn't exact the damage upon her enemies, it was comforting knowing someone on her team was able to. "I'm so glad to hear that! Oh wow, I'm so excited now, after debriefing do you... have anything planned?" Mizu asked. Aside from the Captain, she didn't know very much of the crew herself. As the power lift doors slid open, Mizu smiled and motioned for Nyoko to head out first as it was the polite thing to do.

"I have nothing planned, what do you want to do?" Nyoko smiled brightly, though she still needed to get a present for her or something. It was improper to not have something to present to a new friend, at least that’s how she saw it. "Thank you," she continued as she exited the lift first.

Kuriko stepped out of the elevator she was on at about the same time as both Mizu and Nyoko did theirs. "Ano, sumimasen. Could you guys tell me how to get to the debriefing room?" Kuriko asked with a confused look on her face. It was clear by the lack of the Senbu's ship patch on her shoulder that she wasn't a member of the Senbu crew.

Maya thanked the red-headed nurse and dashed for the showers before Instructor Kail's healing cycle was complete. When she got there, she quickly threw off the yukata and hastily rinsed what was left of the red stuff on her body while at the same time taking the opportunity to test out her new arm. "That was amazing! I hope I don't lose another one anytime soon." After the shower, Maya donned the Star Army uniform and quickly fixed her hair making sure all the dreads are in place. Maya then picked up the discarded yukata and left the showers and handed it back to the busty, red-headed nurse before leaving the area. Maya then followed the signs to the nearest elevator and when she got there, took a look at a nearby map display. "Deck 14, I guess," Maya then entered the elevator and gave the MEGAMI computer her destination. "Deck 14 please."

Before Mizu could voice her proposal of activities after debriefing, her attention turned to the Kuriko. At first she had been surprised but quickly smiled, "Sure, we're headed there ourselves. If you'd like you may join us?" She looked to Nyoko with a smile, waiting to see what her response would be.

Hmm, I don't want to impose myself on them, but I do need to get there. Kuriko thought. "If it's not too much trouble…" she replied.

Mizu smiled at Kuriko. "Its no trouble at all. We're going to the same place. It seems more convenient for you to tag along, ne?" She continued on a bit, but looked back to see if Nyoko and Kuriko were tagging along.

Kuriko nodded before she began to follow Mizu. "Are you guys armor pilots?" Kuriko asked curiously as she glanced at their patches and panels.

Mizu replied kindly, "Of course! I prefer being out there rather then in here at a terminal." It wouldn't have been far from the turbo lift to the main briefing amphitheatre.

The last nerves slowly came to grow into Kail's toes, and then were clicked online after the medical system did a proper check on the new limbs. She was finished, and just like Maya before her, the busty nurse waited outside of the emptying tube with a yukata for her to dress in and a kind smile.

Kail nodded at the red-headed nurse again, before asking "Would it be possible to get genetic "scar" tattoos around where i lost the limbs?" She asked. Quite odd for a Neko, Kail was kind of macho despite her feminine figure and features, and enjoyed keeping scars as a record of past failures and triumphs.

"I advise against it, sorry, I don't quite enjoy making scars on people. If you really want them done though, get a higher up to send down the order," she said with a half-smile, really not wanting to do such a task. "The showers are over there, and a new uniform is awaiting you in the locker beside it. Please get ready as the debriefing is going the happen soon." Then nurse then returned to her desk.

Erika sat in the debriefing room of the Senbu impressed with not only it's size but her crew as well. Quite a fine ship. We were lucky she came along, the Taii thought to herself before looking back at the combat data she had been given. This was a bad fight, dirty bastards, Erika thought as she looked at the injury lists, 2 trainees and 1 instructor had sustained enough injuries to be rendered unconscious, the rest managed to escape with minor injuries. I shouldn't have authorized the trainees to go into combat, Erika thought with a little bit of regret. [/i]At least this worked out well, no one died, though they came damn close.[/i]

The main briefing amphitheatre was located a short distance aft of the bridge. It was a cavernous room that crossed three decks and could seat a significant portion of the massive Anri’s crew. At the fore of the room were huge, flat walls overlooking a large stage. Flat, holographic images were projected in front of the wall while three-dimensional holograms displaying the Senbu’s and Yamataian Star Army insignias. Tiered seating spread out in a semi-circle from the stage, with large, comfortable seats in the front row for the highest ranking officers and the smaller, less comfortable (but still far from uncomfortable) seating at the back for the lowest ranking enlisted.

When the elevator finally hit Deck 14, Maya got out and into the huge amphitheatre and was surprised at how big this ship really is. Maya could not see anyone from the Takemitsu that she knew so she decided to sit somewhere as far away from the elevator as possible in case Instructor Kail showed up.

Kail stepped out of the Hemosynth tank, clucking her tongue. "Shame, they would've been a nice addition," the instructor said, pointing to the two round scars on her upper chest, marking where a Mishhu's tentacles had stabbed her through. She went and showered quickly, donning the fresh uniform with a practiced quickness, and sauntered off after Maya, towards the elevators.

"Why do you prefer that?" Kuriko asked, wishing to investigate her sisters’ love for warfare. "I personally prefer to not be out there," Kuriko said. "Is it okay to sit anywhere?" Kuriko asked as she gazed into the amphitheater. "It's big," she said plainly

"Well, as long as you're not sitting in an officers' seat, I'm sure you can help yourself to any seat." Mizu smiled, smiling at Nyoko and grabbing her hand, "Sit with me!” Mizu pulled her gently towards a couple seats within feasible sight and hearing range. Letting go of Nyoko's hand, she took a seat and smiled at her.

Nyoko blinked as she was tugged another direction, though gently she let out a small “eep” as she was brought to the destination with a smile she sat next to Mizu. Sitting next to Mizu she returned the smile. "Thank you."

Kuriko decided to sit away from the other two, as she hadn't been invited to sit with either of them in the first place. I wonder how this is going to go... Kuriko thought as she sat there, waiting for the briefing to begin.

Mizu smiled again, promptly. "You're welcome." Mizu crossed her legs, watching Kuriko go off in another direction. Mizu got up and bowed to Nyoko, "One moment.." Mizu rushed over to Kuriko, giving a bow. "Excuse me, I thought you were joining us during debriefing?" Her tone seemed friendly, yet concerned that she was sitting alone.

After a few more moments, the elevator opened again, revealing a shock of short dark blue hair, along with some freckles, and a smile hiding the seething anger at one of the recruits. Kail walked into the Amphitheater, which was hard to miss, and made her way down to near the front with her usual semi-graceful, un-ladylike saunter.

Kuriko was about to respond when she noticed Kail enter the amphitheater. Instantly the Neko bolted out of her seat toward the instructor. "You're alive!" The neko said as she tightly embraced her instructor.

Mizu shrugged as Kuriko left, doing so because she didn't want her to be alone as well. However, seeing as she was in the company of a comrade now Mizu walked back to where she was sitting with Nyoko and took her seat once more, giving a smile to Nyoko. "I hope... I'm not making you uncomfortable, Nyoko-chan?"

Suddenly, Kail's left side became heavier, and her movements slowed. The new nerves finally registered the pressure of a body, and looked down to see Kuriko hanging off of her. "Of course I am. That's not the first time I’ve survived something like that," the instructor replied. "I am six years old, you know." She grabbed the recruit by the arm and pulled her into a normal standing position "Would you like to sit with me?" she asked, gesturing toward some nearby seats.

Nyoko shook her head with a smile, "No, Mizu-san, you’re not making me nervous. I am just silly." She made a gesture signifying that she was indeed a silly person and laughed with a slight blush.

Kuriko shook her head, as she shook her head she saw Maya. "MAYA!!!" Kuriko shrieked as she took flight yet again this time for Maya. "Maya!! You're alive!!" Kuriko hugged Maya close to her body, this time however Kuriko couldn't hold back the tears and cried as she did so. "S-sumimasen sensei, can we sit with Maya too?" the Neko asked as tears of joy streamed down her cheeks.

As Maya was waiting for the debriefing to start, she was shocked to suddenly being hugged by someone she apparently knew, however was even more shocked to see Instructor Kail over the shoulder of the hugger and looking like she was suffering the worst case of PMS. Maya broke free of the hug and tried to quickly stand at attention in front of the instructor and gave her the lowest bow she ever could to someone like her life depended upon it. "Ta.. Ta. Tarrim Sensei! I... I'm glad to see you’re ok! How are you feeling?" she asked with a blushed straight face.

Mizu stuck her tongue out in a playful manner, to acknowledge that Nyoko was indeed silly, but to verify to her that she was silly as well. "I'm so glad, so after debriefing, would you like to go to the ward room for something to eat and drink?" Mizu crossed one leg over the other, then placed one hand on her knee and covered it with her other hand promptly. Mizu watched Nyoko's features, taking a personal liking to her dark violet hair and her Prussian blue eyes.

Kail gave a small nod in return to Maya's and answered her question quickly, "I'm fine. The new nerves are almost done forming, so I’ll be able to feel everything correctly again soon" She said, as if it was the most natural thing. "And I wonder how you managed to escape with so few injuries?" The Instructor asked in return, knowing full well the answer. Before Maya could speak, Kail plopped down, and pulled Kuriko down into a seat next to her, ignoring the girl's tears.

Nyoko giggled, becoming more relaxed at the situation, indeed they were both quite silly. "I would love to," Nyoko's answer slipped out before she knew it. That was odd she thought as she had not intended to be so forward oh well it was done. "Just let me get some things from my room first after the debriefing," she giggled becomeing more relaxed at the situation

"Maya stared at the Instructor for a few seconds before finally responding, "I don't really recall, Sensei. The last moments I can recall was something knocking out my engines and then running into the bulkhead followed by a big flash of light." Maya then looked down, depressed, staring at her feet.

Kuriko felt Kail pull her down into the seat and landed with a “flop” noise. Kuriko was excited that everyone made it back. Honestly before this Kuriko hadn't had the chance to talk with either of them too much, but seeing Maya shot up like that and then exploded played a little number on the poor Neko. Then the amount of injuries Kail took. Kuriko may not have loved Kail during the armor training sessions, but this had definitely earned her respect.

In her office Shizuka was going over the data of the battle, disappointed with the results of the battle. Not on the part of the combatants, no, she was proud of them, but on her own end, for not sending in more units, and for being blind to the situation. About this time she had sent a summons to Nicholas Saiga, she had to have a few words with him before she went out to the debriefing.

Nicholas was still at his communications station when the Shosa’s summons came through. Although the battle had ended some time ago, he was still kept busy coordinating messages between the Senbu’s different sections and making sure that there was ordered chaos across all of the comm-channels that he was responsible for. Thinking that Shizuka’s request for him to come to her office must be important, the Geshrin quickly finished what he was doing, made sure there was somebody still monitoring communications, and then did as his captain had ordered. Minutes later, he arrived at his destination and stood waiting to be admitted, sure that the MEGAMI had heralded his arrival.

MEGAMI then permitted his entrance and then the door opened up to the bottom half of the captain’s dual-level combined living quarters and office, it was dimly lit above in her living quarters so there was not much more to see then the large desk at the end of the red carpet leading from the door. The messy haired captain sat at there with her hands folded together, looking over a data pad with a small assortment of ribbons and pins beside her. "Come in Nick, take a seat. There is a small discussion I'd like to have with you before the debrief." Shizuka said looking up to him with a half smile, the worry from before still a little evident on her very expressionate features.

“As you wish,” Nicholas returned, walking towards Shizuka’s desk with an air of formality about him. He took a seat as asked, returning his commander’s weak smile with one of his own, if only to hide the bewildered expression his face would have shown if he had not. What could she want with him? His rank wasn’t of any significance, even if she had presented him with the special position that they had discussed upon his arrival. “What would you like to discuss, Endo-shosa?”

"Please, be at ease. I'd like this to be informal," Shizuka said as she grabbed one of the cases from the side. It remained closed for the time being as she toyed with it. "I've been reading over your file, Nicolas, I've been nothing but impressed with your actions during this mission and your adherence to your position. But I believe you’re over qualified for your rank, and I see that you applied to Kyoto War College. So I would like to offer you a chance for you to do much more, I’d like to promote you to Shoi, so that I could possibly have you assist me as a executive officer, as I am currently without one. This means you’d have to serve one more mission as a Shoi Kohosei. What do you think?" Shizuka’s large amber eyes then drifted up to catch his as she opened the box containing the Shoi Kohosei rank pin and pushed it across her desk, watching his reactions closely.

The young Geshrin’s eyes lit up immediately. “You honor me greatly, Shosa,” Nicholas said modestly, unable to make himself address Shizuka any less formally than he was trained to. It had been a huge disappointment to him when he was denied admission to the War College and had always hoped that command would re-evaluate his application. This, however, was much better than admittance would have been. To Nicholas, this was an affirmation of what he knew and yearned to hear from his superiors – that he was an experienced solider whose achievements deserved more than had been grated to him. “I will take this position if you believe that I am worthy of its station.”

Shizuka smiled back with a kind, softer smile that was uncommon to her face. She then nodded her head silently, and lifted the hands from the case leaving it for him to take as a gesture that she believed that there was no one better fit for the job. "Well, as my XO-in-training, you'll have to work on calling me Shizuka, but other than that, I'm sure anything else that comes up you'll fix before I address it," Shizuka teased as she then took a deep breath and collected the things on the desk. "Well, with that over Nick, it’s time to go debrief." She said as she waited for him to rise from the seat, and then quickly headed over to the main briefing room, which was a short walk from the office.

Nicholas stood and bowed deeply as the Shosa rose from her seat. “Thank you Shos – Shizuka-sama,” he said somewhat awkwardly, making his face red for a moment. He wasn’t used to calling officers by their first names, even if they were familiar with each other, but he would do as the Neko wished. As she exited the office, he followed closely behind her, quickly affixing his new rank in place of his old insignia even though he still wore the red uniform of a technician. The young Geshrin was proud, and his step showed that, even though he felt somewhat feint from the elation of the moment.

"We'll have your new uniform waiting for you in your new quarters when we leave the debriefing. Here we go; wish me luck!" Shizuka said happily, then paused before the door, taking a quick composure-collecting breath to prepare herself and then headed into the brightly lit room with a serious professional look on her face. She offered a few nods of respect to the officers sitting at the lower tiers as she passed them up to the podium. She took center stage and placed the items down, and looked and assessed the crowd before beginning.

Kail looked over at Maya just as Shizuka entered the room. "It looks like the debriefing is about to begin," kail said. "Pay attention, there will be an exam over this later." Then Kail turned back toward the podium.

Maya bowed before the Instructor again with respect and took a seat next to her without saying another word.

Kuriko sat by Kail and Maya feeling dwarfed by both of them. However, when Shizuka came out onto the podium and Kail mentioned an exam over the debriefing, Kuriko reached into her pocket and pulled out a pair of metal framed glasses and put them on.

Mizu giggled as well, hoping the debrief would start soon. She wanted to get to know her new friend better, but as she thought this the Captain entered. Mizu stood up and saluted Shizuka before taking her seat again in the same position as before.

Nicholas examined the large room for a few seconds, after bowing, as he followed Shizuka in. It was magnificent how many people were present, and even more magnificent how this was only a small fraction of the personnel that crewed the Senbu. After his moment of awestruck scanning he made his way to an empty seat among the assembled officers, able to feel their surprised scrutiny when they saw his rank. It weighed on him, but he did his best to ignore it and waited for the Shosa to begin speaking.

Erika sat patiently half listening to the chatter between her crew and some of the crew of the Senbu. Once Shizuka came in, however, her attention snapped to the podium, awaiting her words.

Maya just sat there, waiting for the debriefing to begin.

Nyoko stood and saluted along with Mizu before sitting back down with the rest of the crowd

"First of all, before I begin the debriefing I'd like to extend an apology and a thank you to the crew of the Takemitsu. Your trainees and instructors fought bravely, even when placed against such daunting odds." Shizuka said with a modest bow of her head, apologetically. "Now, I will begin with the debriefing. As I mentioned, the odds against the squad deployed were insurmountable. It seemed because of the dense chaos of after distortions caused by the previous battle here outside of Nataria, that we were sensor blinded into the situation involving the Vampire craft and its armor. It wasn’t until the explosion of the Irim that we were alerted to the situation unfolding; according to sensor reports it also appeared that the area was cleverly jammed, further causing our inability to notice anything was going wrong. We only assumed that the mission was going on smoothly. These enemies matched no military to date and resembled the types of ships from the attacks on the planet, which leads us to assume that they were a small portion of the pirates from the attack that had come back to collect the spoils of the battle here, and that would also mean the Takemitsu. They are no mere amateurs, and the data we collected from the battle points to them having much skill in armor piloting, and thus the Senbu, once finished here, will be moving to peruse them as they are a large threat to the surrounding area. The repairs to the YSS Takemitsu were just reported to me before I arrived in the briefing room, as complete. So you are free to leave as you see fit. We again would like to thank all of you for your services and hope you find our repairs satisfactory to your expatiations.”

“As for the Senbu's crew involved in the mission, I would like to personally thank you on behalf of the ship, and share a little piece of information with you. A lion will toss her cubs off a cliff, the ones that climb up she decides are strong enough to raise. As the members of the Pride Wing, I say you have indeed climbed back up that cliff and I will gladly raise you into great exemplars of the Senbu." She then finished her speech and moved the items she brought with her into in the room, and arranged them before speaking again.

Shizuka then looked up from the podium. "I would like now to call down the parties involved with the mission to join me on the stage so I can present them with their awards for the mission." Shizuka gestured with an open hand to the small stairs leading up the stage as she glanced over the crowd trying to spot the people she called down.

Nyoko looked over to Mizu with a smile offering her a hand to help her up. "This should be fun," She whispered to Mizu before continuing herself down to the stage.

Kail stood up and started off toward the Podium. As she walked she silently, she planned several outcomes for Maya, several involved main cannon cleaning. Once at the podium, Kail lined up behind Nyoko and Mizu.

Mizu stood with a smile, following closely behind Nyoko in graceful strides. Once at the podium, she watched Kail approach and stand next to her and offered a smile.
As soon as Kail got up Kuriko stood up as well. "Let's go!" Kuriko said to Maya before she started for the podium, completely forgetting to remove her glasses.

Maya quickly got up at Kuriko's calling and quickly lined up with all the others behind Kuriko and Kail.

The young Geshrin communications specialist stood up from his seat and approached the stage that Shizuka had gestured to. Nicholas, still carrying himself proudly, fell-in beside the other soldiers who had taken part in the operation against the hostile Vampire-class and its armors.

"Santô Hei, Hayashi Nyoko. For your outstanding will to fight in the face of a much more experienced enemy, I present you with this service award, and the new rank of Nitô Hei." Shizuka offered her a hand to shake and another hand with a small box full with her new rank pin and a Service Award.

Nyoko took the hand and shook it with a big grin and the box in her other hand with a low bow. Not saying a word before withdrawing being bright red from blushing from the excitement.

"Santô Hei, Kisaragi Mizu. For your notable participation and conduct during this mission, I offer you a service award and appoint you to the new rank of Nitô Hei." She did the same as before, offering the Hei a small box with her Service Award and new rank pin, and a hand to shake.

Mizu stepped forward, accepting the small box, giving a small bow as well after taking her hand and giving a shake. “Thank you, Shizuka-shosa," she replied before going back to her spot in-between Nyoko and Kail, blushing and smiling at Nyoko.

“Nitô Heisho, Kail Tarrim. For your brave actions during this mission, sacrificing your health for the well being of one of your own students I present you with this Combat Lifesaver award, alongside a Service Award and a Tomoyo's Kikyô; for your noble deeds. I look forward to receiving the students that you produce, as I expect them to have the same high caliber of service." Shizuka then bowed respectively to the instructor before offering her the awards.

Kail bowed deeply before accepting the awards. "Thank you, Shizuka-shosa," kail said after bowing before taking the awards.

Shizuka nodded once more to Kail respectively, and then proceeded with the ceremony. "Santô Hei, Shifuda Kuriko. Your talented piloting led to the defeat of one of the enemy units, and you held your composure well in the battle. For this I also award you with a Service Award and promote you to Nitô Hei." Shizuka then did as she did before and present the Hei with two hands, one holding her little box with her awards.

Kuriko bowed deeply before taking the box. In reality, Kuriko wasn't sure she deserved the medal, she had just gotten lucky in combat but a medal was a medal either way, now wasn't the time to argue it. "Arigatou, Shizuka-shosa," Kuriko responded after taking the box. After she received the box, Kuriko shuffled off stage.

"Hei, Yoshihara Maya." The captain’s face went a little more serious as she called the next person up to the stage, and left out the Nito part of her rank, which as far as she was concerned didn't exactly deserve to be there after her actions during this mission. "Your conduct was not up to the expected standards I expect from a member of the glorious Star Army, you went into a ship alone and disregarded a direct order from your superior. But because I believe that pride can be restored, I hope you learn from this experience, as you are lucky to be standing here on this stage after that ordeal. I offer you this Tomoyo's Kikyô award as a reminder of this mission, so you may grow from it and always remember not to repeat the same mistake," Shizuka said, looking very intensely on the trainee as she offered her, the box but not a hand to shake.

Maya stepped forward with a crestfallen look on her face as she accepted the box and wasn’t sure if she should even be up here in the first place. “I understand Shizuka-shosa. Arigatou." She then gave her an apologetic bow and turned around and walked back to her seat.

"Last but not least, Nicholas Saiga. I have already presented you with your new promotion to Shoi Kohosei, so I would like to present you now with a Service Award for seeing this mission through with utmost professionalism and ability. Then I would also like to give you this Good Conduct award for your helpful conduct during this particular mission, as I look forward to your constant ability to assist the Senbu and her forces." Shizuka offered him a friendlier smile with the award in one hand and the other extended to take.

“Thank you, Endo-shosa,” Nicholas replied, beaming as he took her hand to shake it. He hoped that she wouldn’t mind him not calling her by her first name, being that they were before such a large assembly of the crew, but he was sure that she’d let him know if she did care. “I will continue to serve to the best of my ability; it is a great honor.”

She grinned back and then allowed him to step off the stage. "I also have awards to hand to Aomori Kazuma, but he is still recovering in the medical bay from minor sustained wounds in the blast. So he will receive them when he is returned to service. That concludes today’s debrief, thank you all for coming, now please return to your posts. Those involved are relieved of duty for the remainder of the day." With that, Shizuka started to pack up the last box and her data pad. Then she stepped off the stage herself and made her way towards the door.

Mizu turned her attention to Nyoko, "Alright that was... erm... what's the word?" She fumbled to find the correct word to use for such a spectacle such as what took place, hoping that Nyoko would be able to come up with the word or pitch in to help with it.

Amazing? fun? entertaining?" Nyoko offered up words as they popped into her head.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back