• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[YSE] POW Treaty

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
As per Yamataian law, I'm required to try to get you to agree to follow these rules regarding prisoners of war:

A prisoner of war is a person captured by the military in combat or in a war.

All prisoners of war:

1. Will be provided adequate food and water.
2. Will be provided a decent place to sleep.
3. Will be provided with medical attention.
4. Will be provided with clean clothing.
5. Will not be mistreated so long as they cooperate and submit to their captors.
Please consider it. Together we can keep the universe relatively civilized.

-Rufus Sydney

It seems offensive that our enemies, who cause such pain to our beloved service members, should deserve such wonderful treatment. But I suppose we have to agree, in the spirit of being "civilized."

-Roy Garza

I would like to propose that the IPG avoids scrutiny in regards to this act. As... repulsive as I may find their actions, we are a developing state, and we do need our protection. Of course, Admiral Veles should not interpret this as a free pass to any horror he chooses.

-Ioannes Calero

I believe, that in cases where survival is considered, the POWs survival should be considered secondary to the priority survival of Nepleslian people. All other parts of this proposal are agreeable.

- Patrino Roachmere.

While I am agree with Senator Garza, it is true that perhaps these rules should be upheld to promote civility amongst the more advanced nations.

However, with rules 1 and 2, the terms 'adequate' and 'decent' respectively, the definitions of these rules are not clearly stated. What is 'adequate' to some may appear inadequate others. I feel that feeding a bowl of battery acid to the soldier who killed my nephew would be 'adequate'; others might suggest otherwise.

Perhaps this should be elaborated.

-Edward Vanderhuge

RPG-D RPGfix
Back