• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet (NSN) [Side-story] Bugs in the System

Sigma

Inactive Member
Captain Darryl Murdoch regretted leaving the relatively simple life of the Marine Corps at times. Back then, it was all about getting the kills, getting the booze and getting the girl. Ever since he had transferred to the Navy as an intelligence officer, the big ID-SOL had found that the excitement in his life was more subtle and tended not to cause an adrenaline rush.

Like this little bit of info. That crazy woman on Cirrus Station had discovered backdoors into Drei. So with uncharacteristic haste, the Grand Admirals had begun blasting off orders to have Drei systems augmented by SAVtech AI. If anyone tried to exploit the backdoors, the SAVtech would not only lock down the Drei, the SAVtech would begin tracking and attacking the user on the other end. Or at least, that was the theory behind the stop-gap plan whilst NAM engineers tinkered with DREI to close those backdoors and update its operating system.

As far as Murdoch was concerned, watching over the 4th Fleet engineers as they installed the SAVtech and tested it was as interesting as watching a Nekovalkyrja drink milk. Dead boring. It made him want to put a bullet through the computer core and the imaginary Nekovalkyrja.

"Well, in theory it should work. Give me a minute and we can test it from my datajockey," the lead Naval systems engineer reported as he connected the last remaining wires.

A few minutes later, the lead engineer began pressing things on datajockey's screen. Some whirring and humming and then a ping! from the datajockey. "All's good. Don't see the point in doing this but I guess someone thinks there's a problem," the lead engineer reported to Murdoch.

A better use of my time would be figuring out who stole Wazu's Drei, Murdoch scowled silently. "Thanks, get back to your real job. I'll report to the Admiral that we've finished this pointless errand."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back