• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network A Company's Plea: Jodai Industries

Echo

Inactive Member
A message to all successful industrial companies:

Hello, my name is Yera Kamin. I am the Owner and Lead Designer of Jodai Industries. I have an unfortunate situation on my hand and would like to offer the remains of my company up for the taking, to whomever would take it in. First, let me give you some background.

It seems that my self-designed heavy production ship has been destroyed. I will not reveal details about the machine itself, as I will not give you the schematics of my most brilliant design. However, that design was unfortunately stricken by raiders, a plague and filth of which it was not designed to fight. The ship was captured and damaged beyond repair, while the entirety of the crew and production team (90% of my staff) was either executed or kidnapped.

As of now, myself and two of my co-designers are all that remain of the company. Us and our Courier 1A Freighter, which is currently adrift in Yamataian space, of course.

Now, I will gladly offer up my resources in exchange for the employment of me and my fellow remaining members of Jodai Industries. I have a number of technological designs that have been unfortunate enough to never see a production line, and I would be more than happy to give those designs to the kind corporation that takes us in. We specialize in medical, missile, and civilian starship technologies. All of my designs and these skills are open to the taker.

Thank you,
Yera Kamin

[Broadcasted from the JISS Valiance Courier 1A Freighter at 22:12]

To: Yera Kamin

Yera Kamin,

I am Aerin Tatst, CEO of Origin Industries. I would like to extend my condolences to your loss, as we have suffered similar losses in the past, but such losses are not always insurmountable, and often lead to a new beginning. For my company, it was an introduction to a type of situation we had not prepared for, but were able to gain from the experience and provide better for ourselves and out customers.

We would be willing to take you in, and give you a probationary period to test your skills before fully enlisting you in our ranks, but I hope you will pass muster and help my company in the future. If you would respond to my broadcast, I would be willing to negotiate a deal with you and your colleagues.

Yours, in business,
Aerin Tatst

CEO, Origin Industries.

((PS: I hope you are enjoying the Courier freighter you own, it was one of our first products))

Aerin Tatst,

I thank you for responding so promptly to my plea. I would've responded to your message sooner, had I not been busy trying to sort out my company's new-found financial woes. And I would like to also extend my gratitude for your offer.

I would more than welcome the opportunity to work for your company, and would love to see what I could do utilizing your facilities. If you could just write me up a starting pay-estimate, and a place where I could dock the freighter, I'll plot a course immediately.

Once again, thank you,
Yera Kamin

(PS: Yes, the freighter has performed admirably for the year we have had it. Great product, Ms. Tatst.)

To: Yera Kamin

Yera Kamin,

We are always looking out for possible new employees and projects, so our responses to calls such as these are often rather quick, although I am usually not the one responding. I do thank you for your gratitude, however, and hope that my company and my partners will be able to earn it.

We are always hiring and looking to expand, so the opportunity was simply waiting for you. All our facilities are top-of-the-line, and many of them are custom made for our projects. Someone of your purported talents would likely make up to 800KS a week, but we'll have to see before anything can be committed to.

We are currently located on Tami, at our manufacturing headquarters on the forest world.

I've included a Nav coordinate packed based on the location of your transmission, simply load it into the nav computer (It will work) and you should be able to get here.

Code:
Tami:Origin.OINAV

Yours in Business,
Aerin Tatst,
CEO, origin Industries.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back