• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

A few questions

Yannick

Inactive Member
Well I started working on my second character but I have a few questions seeing as I could barely find some infos about the geshrin.

1) Do the Geshrins have basically a creator are they born all grown up or do they age?

2) my character will be a Yamaitaian, ex Geshrin body and a technical sentry of the star army, while I know most yamaitaian have a computer brain to what extent? is it possible for a technician/engineer to improve the computer brain [customize it in some way?] The main theme of the creator is to not become obsolete by whatever means possible as he was frustrated after being born a geshrin and saw the NH androids take over quickly which brings us to the 3rd question.

3) When the Yamaitaian are made from a previous model, do they carry over some of the characteristic of the previous host or since the geshrin NH-1 are so old and obsolete none of their "abilities" are carried over. Such as high resistance immunity system against disease?

1.) Geshrins are able to become pregnant and conceive children. Cloning is also possible.

2.) The Yamataian brain is smarter, faster and can hold more than your standard human-compared brain. Whether you can improve on it or not, I'll leave that up to someone else.

3.) Soul Transfer technology supposedly carries over all the personality points of the subject...but in the case of greater resistance to disease and poison, Yamataians already have that. So, essentially, if your character was STing from a Geshrin body to a Yamataian body, he was improving his resistance, and gaining a few more.

*points up* Moonman's spot on. Yamataians are an improvement in most every way. Of course, they have their own issues, such as vulnerabilities to more modern plagues, at least theoretically. But it would take a designer plague to do that -- Yamataian bodies are very good at disease and poison resistence; with proper energy supplements, they can theoretically match a Neko.

thanks people you answered most of my concerns, because I remember reading something about the yamataians not taking any implants due to their healing ability but then again if no computer brains, would just try to look for a "computer helmet" or something along those lines.

Yamataian don't need to improve the processing power of thier brains or make add ons since their telepathic abilities link them rather easily to the PANTHEON network, which is a godlike aglomeration of quantum computers spread in Yamatai (and probably several of their key worlds) with subnetworks maintained by PANTIES, KAMI-IES, MEGAMI-IES and other integrated electronic suites units using the Kessaku operating system.

Seeing the constant access to a much more powerful computer system at your fingertip, going for improvements for your own brain is sort of silly if you are a yamataian. You already have huge capacities to access and absorb information which are pretty close to the nekovalkyrja. Aside from the nekos combat OS, heightened sensory system, unit-to-vehicle interfacing system (SPINE)... the Yamataians do a lot mostly better than most Nepleslian cybernetic brain component seen so far on player characters.

Basically, if a Yamataian wants to get a significant update of his capabilities he just changes his body to the latest type. Thing is though that the Yamataian is the latest model and most geshrin played musical bodies to get the latest, most performant bodytype.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back