Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

A long time ago...

Thorne

Inactive Member
But somehow in the future.

Hello everyone, my name is John, I am a 19 year old college student studying in Minnesota which is probably really similar to what space would be like without protective equipment. I don't really know what to say about myself personally except that I grew up in a small town in Iowa. I'm a very outdoorsy guy but I love practically everything and am willing to learn about anything.

I enjoy basically everything, I like to hunt and fish, and really enjoy school. I am a chemistry major looking at pre-pharmacy or pre-med, but also enjoy writing, business, economics, and philosophy classes as well as foreign language and I absolutely love watching documentaries and videos on advanced subjects such as quantum physics by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I am looking at contracting with an ROTC program to become an officer in the military, however I am unsure which branch, I've looked at all of them but most of the jobs I like are enlisted level. My latest interest is Air Force to possibly become a pilot.

I am an avid adventure racer, and have a background in many sports, including: soccer, swimming, cross-country, tennis, and skeet shooting. I really enjoy being active but honestly don't watch too many sports on TV. I am so stoked to see a military themed RP as I have been thinking about the military since a young age, and hopefully I can share my knowledge on weapons and tactics with you guys.

I am a big fan of the video game Fallout and am part of one Fallout RP site, but that is really my only experience with RPing and hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys! If you have any questions about me or anything else that you feel I can help you with, please feel free to ask!

Welcome to the SARP.

I am Nashoba, one of the Site Admins, a GM of multiple lots, and a FM of an alien faction.

Its always nice to see new faces. Star Army has a lot to offer its players. Check out the new player's guide to get started. We have Open Roleplay where you can just dive in without creating a formal character. Or is you prefer a more structured roleplay, then after reading the guide, check out the factions, and look at the Active Plots page to see what plots are looking for new players.

If you have questions, you can ask them here or come visit the Chat.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is great, and you, sir, sound quite awesome, and I'm happy to have you on Star Army! I'm Wes, the site's original creator dude, and I'm pleased to meet welcome you to Star Army. I look forward to seeing the characters, RP posts, and setting elements you make. The space militaries of Star Army are big and complex and always needing attention, like the real-world equivalents, and I'd welcome your involvement.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back