Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

A New Face

Legix

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself? -: Legix or Tyler.

How'd you find Star Army? -: Pretty much a Google Search? It just sorta happened without being what I was looking for, though.

What interested you in joining? -: It's certainly one of the most fleshed-out looking among the ones I've seen.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before? -: In various formats and similar styles, indeed =3=

Any previous experiences you want to share? -: I can, but it'd get boring. I've done too many RPs over the last... roughly 17 years to really not have a ton of stories I'd love to recount.

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? -: Male. I'm a guy who prefers playing as guys. 'Nuff said.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? -: Planned in the sense that I enjoy some structure, but not to a rail or 6-month project. I can handle both, however, and some of my best RPing has come from spontaneous projects that catch speed and roll.
  • Military or civilian characters? -: Military, though I've had civilians before.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? -: If they look Human-ish, I prefer it. Not a fan of Anthros and really bizarre aliens.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? -: Starship. The stars are too cool to not be flying through them.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? -: Depending on speed, generally forum posts. Not really accustomed to the sort of real-time posting you guys use.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2. Maybe 3.
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 2
What's something cool you'd love to RP? -: Something that reminds me of the mecha anime and stuff I've been a fan of for just about as long as I've RPed. Sorry if I make some of you cringe at that, but it's totally what I'd love to have.

So uh... yeah. Figured I'd use this thing simply because it does make it a bit more structural when doing this. I'm just really looking forward to getting myself drawn in and active here. Thanks for readin' this and whatever @_@.

I do prefer to play as male.
I tend to plan my rps and make up an entyre universe and story if necessary.
Military characters are a whole lot more interesting.
I like to play with human cyborgs
I do not care about the place though I´ve done a lot of space stations before.
Do not care if manage to rping with someone.
Language 3
Violence 3
Sexuality 1
I´d like to roleplay in a self-made retro space opera universe.

Welcome to both of you guys :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back