Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

A Problem with the Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonMan

Inactive Member
This isn't a new problem...but recently it's become more of a pain.

It has to do with the search function for a lot of articles that are in namespaces; they just don't bring up the pages.

For exampe, if I search for the two recently approved powered armorsuits, the Aggressor and the Hostile, using the following functions:

Hostile
Aggressor
Nepleslia:Hostile
Nepleslia:Aggressor

Any many other search words, they turn up *nothing*. While this isn't a problem for me, since I know they are there, this can potentially be a huge problem for new players who want to search certain articles...only to find that they apparently don't exist, even if they do.

If I type in Nepleslia:Hostile, that is the exact namespace of the page...but it turns up a blank. However, if I *EDIT* the page, the information is there...but why doesn't it show up in the first place?

If this is a problem for just me, then it isn't that big a deal. But if this goes across the board, I really think it needs to be looked at, because if people can't find information on our wiki using the search function, they won't find it at all unless they ask for assistance.

I know about this but am not sure how to fix it. I'll ask the mailing list.

The new version comes out in a little bit. Hopefully it'll fix this.

Sounds fine. Just try and keep us updated whenever you can remember...I would like to be able to actually find the crap I'm putting in the search bar, and I'm sure others would as well. :mrgreen:

Hrm... you could try linking them to the appropriate articles. That might make it work, but I'm not sure.

I think I've got this fixed now. Sorry it took so long.

I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back