Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

A Three Eyed Humanoid Race?

paladinrpg

Inactive Member
I was just sitting here thinking, has something like this ever appeared in the SARPverse? Would there maybe be room for it? (I know there already is a lot of too close to human races, but maybe...)

Ok... To be honest, I had a dream yesterday about an old console game called Star Ocean, and how it had Opera Vectra and Ernest who were three-eyed blond haired aliens called Tetragenes. I also actually played a cousin to Opera named Trinity in a short lived IRC RPG loosely based on the series run by a friend of mine, and actually did generate some more details about the mysterious planet they came from that may be recyclable into SARP.

Just a random thought for the evening. Comments welcomed.

One of the site's most consistent bits of feedback from members is that we (only) need more aliens if they look and feel alien. For this reason, when new species are submitted, I'd strongly prefer that they are not "humans, but with X." To me, the way you described them seems like "humans, but with another eye."

Yeah, I understand that fact that you really want more creative races than human +1. I was if anything thinking more along the lines of the old technology notes I had associated with them, which involved a lot of psionically powered personal weapons and even people that plugged in to power starships. Perhaps I could invent something more alien that could utilize those ideas...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back