• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC A Warm Invitation to a Cold Place, for Competition Need not be Unfriendly

hyralt

RP Date
YE 44.7
To: Anslen Volontany

Dear Senator:

I understand that we are running against each other for the office of Imperial Premier. I appreciate the competition, as I am sure it will help put the best candidate into the position, regardless of whom that may be. To that end, I would like to invite you to a public debate whenever is most convenient for you. I have attached a list of suggested impartial moderators and I hope you will provide a similar list and we can agree on one.

Furthermore, it is my intention, if I win, to work with you to address any and all concerns you may have, and help you achieve whatever your goals are in the Senate. To this end, I would like to meet with you at your earliest convenience, before or after the debate, to better understand what those concerns and goals may be. You may choose the place at your discretion, but I humbly suggest my sakagura in the Ice Queen Mountains of Yamatai.

Sincerely,

Kinoshita Fusako

To: Kinoshita Fusako

Ms. Kinoshita,

I am running in part because I believe that competition makes us better and more responsive to the people of Yamatai. I am happy to debate you, to give a public forum for our differences in views and where we hope to help lead the Empire. I'm sure we can find a moderator who will be acceptable to the both of us. I am attaching a list of people who I think would also make good moderators. While I'm certain I would enjoy visiting your sakagura, Ice Queen Sake is a venerable brand, I don't feel it is an appropriately neutral place to hold a debate like this. I think a auditorium in Kyoto might work better.

I am available for a private discussion, perhaps we can also work out our debate framework together. I find that shared goals, such as informing our electorate, help to bring people together. Regardless of the results of this election, I will also listen to and respect your point of view.

Sincerely,
Anslen Volontany

Dear Senator:

I am deeply pleased by your reply and I look forward to our debate. Indeed, a Kyoto auditorium would be an excellent choice for the location.

The invitation to join me at my sakagura remains, as a venue for private discussion, if you are interested. But I am happy to meet you wherever you are most comfortable.

Sincerely,

Kinoshita Fusako

Ms. Kinoshita,

I would happy to meet with you at your Sakagura for a private meeting.

Sincerely,
Anslen Volontany

I am sorry to announce that I am ending my campaign. Good luck, I am sure you will make a fine Premier.

Regretfully,
Fusako

I will need the help of loyal citizens such as yourself to be the best premier I can be. I have endeavored to run my campaign on the issues that separate us, rather than on any personal differences we might have. While we disagree, I think your voice and decision to run has been a valuable contribution to the Empire. If there is anything my Premiership does that concerns you, please feel free to reach out. Many people endeavor to shut out contrary options to their own, that is a trap I hope to avoid.

Sincerely,
Anslen

Thank you for your kind offer. Perhaps in time I will take you up on that. For now, I have much to prove to myself before I would feel comfortable voicing my concerns.

Sincerely,
Fusako

RPG-D RPGfix
Back