• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Elysia [Above Elysia] Colonization Preperation

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Orbiting slowly around Elysia Novus were the three great arks, and around these swarmed thousands of smaller ships – passenger shuttles bringing colonists to their temporary home, supply ships stocking the arks with all they would need for their task on their eventual destination and construction craft making last minute modifications to the vast ships. Coming out from the shadow of the planet each ark in term was basked with the sudden and bright gleam from the systems sun.

Senator Arbiel watched this from afar in the relative comfort of his power armour, warmed both by the armours life support systems and a sense of pride and accomplishment. It had certainly not been easy, and the scheme had run into several unforeseen setbacks but now ... now it was almost time.

"Exalted Master Arbiel, your presence is requested by Exalted Master Eretiel on the ECN Dawn.â€

Following in the order of introductions it was captain Catriel who spoke first,

"Sir, after leaving the system a week ago Scout group A investigated the star system at 290, 276. I shall leave it to the scientists to give you the technical details and more in depth information if you so require. I have no head for figures but will, with your permission, present my own brief summary with visual aids.â€

The colossal archangel that was Yeritiel stood next, and bowed stiffly before speaking reverently in his strangely high voice, "Senators, my group travelled further into the unknown, to a system to the galactic North-West of Veritas.â€

And now the third, and last, captain stood - the dashing Commander Riel.

"Senators, what I have discovered is not the rich systems which my fellow Captains encountered, and for that I am truely sorry," It was however not sorrow but glee that was in his voice, "I have encoutered a advanced race in the system I was assigned." He paused to let this gather in.

"I could not risk entering the system due to the risk of being detected, but from a few of the communications we managed to listen in to I have observed that the race call themselves the 'Ixari', although their language is not particularly easy to translate, in fact Ixari is one of the few words we have so far managed to translate, and possibly a word which would translate as 'those who sprint forwards'." He shrugged, "And their technology does seem advanced. Some variety of reactionless drive and tachyon technology, beyond that we couldn't detect anything for certain."

"There is a single planet in the system, although we were unable to asertain anything more about. I am sorry about the lack of details my lords, but I hoped that that information I had would be enough. I have left three of my ships there to provide us with as much detail as possible on their movements and to record their communications. May I make a recomendation sir?" He asked Arbion.

"Proceed captain." Arbion responded, very nearly visibly dazed from the information which he had been given. His composure remained pretty much intact however.

"I suggest that we have a Orsis scan the area, they can then provide far greater information about the system."

"We shall take your recomendation into account when we come to our decision on the matter Captain. You have the empire, and my, thanks. You will be remembered for this." Arbion responeded with just a tinge of emotion - gratitude entering his voice.

He then spoke to all of them, engaging in full oratorical mode, "Indeed you all have the Empires gratitude, you have returned with news vastly exceeding our expectations and do not be afraid - you shall be rewarded - both in the material and in the great intangible. Now myself and my Honourable Colleague must go and discuss how we shall act on this information." Arbion nodded with a smile to each of them at turn and then left the room. A flashy move but somewhat useless since he had to wait five minutes outside in the corridor for his 'honourable colleague' to give his own congratulations to captains.

As the two senators began to walk down the halls a conversation sprang up, beginning with Arbion.

"How do you believe that this new information changes our plans?â€

Author: Zakalwe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…