Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

ADN Projector

Xerena

Inactive Member
The ADN Projector is a variant of the standard ADN device which creates an ADN field in a remote area (for instance, a starship other than the one on which the projector is mounted). It can be used to prevent telepathic communications or psionic attacks originating from the targeted area, person or ship, as well as preventing reception of incoming telepathic messages.

it may be possible to modify or reconfigure an ordinary ADN device to function in this manner, though at reduced efficiency (higher power requirements).

(copied from one of my earlier threads that also included a "weaponized" version of this device, since the projector can reasonably exist without the existence of the blaster, but not the other way around)

encryption codes???

This is an ADN device to project its field somewhere else. For example, enemy vessel Ship B has psions onboard, and the captain of Ship A doesn't want them being able to use psionics for, well, anything (since your enemies rarely do anything with your own best interests in mind in a "good" way), so he orders his crew to use Ship A's ADN Projector to create an ADN field around Ship B to neutralize the telepaths/psions on Ship B.

Telepathy can be encrypted in the SARP. That's why I asked.

The only telepaths are Yamataians and Nekos, which aren't usually seen outside Yamataian vessels that employ CFS. How would this system work against that barrier? I'm asking Wes here, Lady Xerena, so don't sweat the response.

DocTomoe or Tiffany would rant that the Lorath are strongly telepathic. Zakalwe would make the same claim for the Elysians. DocTomoe would probably also add that nepleslians can have neko-like telepathy with cybernetic implants.

Gah, thanks Fred. Early in the morning and I was honed in too far.

So this tech might apply to races that aren't behind CFS shields ... but who's making it?

Actually, the PSC nullifier thingie could sort of be made by the Mishhu. I mean, they seem to have a knack for affecting the crew of the Sakura with whatever mean at their disposal.

Wait, am i even in the right thread? All this ADN discussion going on everywhere is confusing me.

Who's making this? That's actually a good question, and one I hadn't really thought too much about - I just assumed it would be whoever is making the ADN and PSC devices (and in some cases it could be an alternate operating mode of an "ordinary" ADN or PSC). So, who makes ADNs and PSCs?

As for the anti-ADN systems, nope, that's in the other thread. I apologise for the confusion. Oh, and don't worry, I just had a few ideas I wanted to post - I'm not planning to constantly post new tech after new tech after new tech to this forum.

Kessaku Electronics makes a lot of the PSCs.

Then I guess they would be the one of the firms making ADN Projectors, since anyone who can make an ADN should be able to make an ADN Projector without much trouble.

Yeah, okay, I've done that now. Back to the topic.

Anyway, this thing could be useful against a race with a telepathic hive mind (though OOC I suppose that could go either for or against approving the device), or an Otomo destroyer (if the PSA ever became useful again, anyway).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back