• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [Advancer] Homeostatic Nanomachines

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM approved

This mostly looks good. Just a couple added questions.

1. For the Hive to function, I'd imagine the host needs an increased energy intake from the norm? Or is there a special supplement one takes to power only the Hive?

2. Can a mother pass her nanomachines onto her unborn child? How does the Hive interact with said unborn child?

3. This is just to clarify: In the article, you talk about how the nanites can offer radiation resistance, then later on talk about them filtering radioactive materials instead. If they offer resistance, how do they do this? (I'd think they are just quicker at removing/repairing mutated cells.) If they filter the materials, how do they do that?

Reactions: Wes
Changes made, except for 3. The nanites protect from Radiation, both by removing radioactive particles from the body before they can really do damage, and by repairing and removing damaged cells.

As for filtering the materials, it says it in there: they absorb the particles like a lymphophage 'absorbs' bacteria or virii and are then expelled along with the body's waste.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…