• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 [AdVenture Capital 7] The Couch

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

ON> Outside of the Hexagon (Van Banning's Tower)

"VAN BANNING! I GOT YOUR STUFF!" Uso shouted from outside, as the Queen's slave hovered right out infront of the tower, coming in for a slow landing and then detaching the four huge cargo containers strapped under the wings, letting them down with a soft 'poof' as they hit the sand.

For perhaps the first time, the tower was seen to actually open and have something leave or enter. A series of three panels on the roof sliding open as large, white frames accompanied by a team of power armor each were lifted up by some sort of internal elevator system. How that squared with the penthouse suites was anyone's guess.

The whole lot seemed to go to work quickly and efficiently. Hopping down to the sand to scan, secure and load up the cargo. Taking it back up to the cargo elevators to be secreted away inside.

Around the windows the top, a redheaded woman was seen as the tint of the transperant durandium windows was adjusted. A little chirp on the coms had her talking.

"Much appreciated. We will keep our involvement quiet, that you may now be known as the heroine of the hour over at the... E sector." It seemed I'ee words didn't come naturally to her, "I take it this is our business concluded? Or is there more you wish to discuss?"

"Concluded? You've already got your fingers in more than one of my people..." Uso said, "... and I thought for sure you'd ask why all of the product isn't here... but no, we're good. If you've got more work to send my way I can clearly deliver... all wrapped up too.

But for now, I have to go rebuild a workforce that knows how to dig up rocks and turn them into things."

"I would like to know, but as a Nepleslian national I can't risk knowledge of the product be able to turn up in case of interrogation." Van Banning said, with a little whistful sigh as though that were somehow a nice idea.

"If you wish to interview for more work I have time, should you wish to join me on the casting couch. I may also have some people interested in training a workforce for you."

"... do you own that couch?

Don't joke with me Van Banning. That couch is fucking famous. Nepleslians would fight and die to own that couch." Uso replied.

"Speaking to someone I have paid to steal some things for me, official company policy is to deny everything. No matter how true it may be." Van Banning said, almost sounding cheeky.

"...It's a bluff." Uso said, crossing her arms.

"No way." Uso said, shaking her head.

"... You really have it don't you?"

"No matter how true it may be." Van Banning repeated, "We must deny everything."

"..."

"Of course were you to happen to see such things, there would be no denying."

"If I were to see such things," Uso added, "... Send me the contact info for your builder guys and I'll check them out."

"Of course. If. I'll send you the information for men used to giving people with no skills useful jobs." Van Banning said, a little throaty laugh following as the comms chirped with a few contact files.

Apparently Van Banning's secretary was on point today.

Uso would leave it at that... heading back towards the waiting Queen's Slave.

"... damnit...." She quickly took out her datapad, "Hey Akemi... I heard Van Banning has the couch......."

END

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…