• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Aeonic] Nerve Integration Systems

Scot

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ae ... ion_system

I still am working on a ship but I keep having nagging thoughts like, this one, which is basically the system that will aid in manipulating and piloting a ship.

My other nagging concern is manufactoring, other than how to grow a creature that is large and has customized living space on the inside is a challenge, and I must get a colony standard as well.

As for the ship I have a bare bones version on the wiki, I have a feeling I should just post that up anyway since grasping on how to explain everything on my own is not very useful.

Could you replace the overview sentence with something more clear? Answer these questions in the paragraph immediately after the article title:

- What is the Nerve Integration System?
- What can it be used for?
- Who uses it?

I made the edit, I have a feeling I need to make an article about the brain system next or this system would not work out.

So Aeonic people are cable to control other characters if they can touch that character's nerves? I don't see why this would work on non-Aeonic characters.

In addition to Wes' question, I'd like to know how this would work with the digitized systems of Yamataians and Neko. And how it's not OP.

That's why it's an integration system, the system connects to the user not the user connecting to the system. The life form naturally would attempt to repel any outside connection unless something forced it to, therefore these connection would fool it to believing it's mutual.

Naturally this will sound like a Yamatain based system, it is a connection to an intelligent like device that has to slave itself to the user. I cannot see however how one would control a creature while attempting to use only biological technology that would give the user control rather than training the creature to do stuff on its own.

Unlike Yamatain, anyone can do this, it generally depends on your mental ability to control a body other than your own. The pod lets you sit down and not worry about your body lessening the burden.

I'll edit some things there though, from the descriptions I see the depiction I had accidentally caused.

What is changed
-Moved Complete integration pod to the bottom, so it starts from the least amount of control to the most amount of control.
-Changed any Aeonic to User, anyone can use it.
-More or less added or edited the final line of each paragraph, not sure if it was helpful.
-Revamped the Pod's look, I was thinking originally like a bodysnatcher like pod but couldn't figure how to describe it, so now it's a chair.

Other thoughts and concerns
-I need a new word for "Creature" since "starship" and "vehicle" doesn't quite fit with something that is biological.
-Might need a terminal that communicates to the brain, to tell the creature where to go but currently I'd think it has no will of its own. I am also posting the brain system soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this system allow control over other characters? Or am I reading incorrectly into it?

Yes, however the system on the wiki currently is for organic ship use.

Ideally, I am not going to make this system allowable on anything smaller than a tank sized creature since puppeting a character within arms reach is rather silly. The system is meant for puppeting a creature twice the size of a human.

I'm not too sure if that answered your question, the basic idea is that it's the wheel to the car, the car happens to be a living creature.

Thought I'd posted in this already.

In that case, I don't see an issue, but I would like one other tech mod to comment on this.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back