Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Aeonic] Pesticide type weaponry

This is a really interesting weapon submission. I really like the idea.

But a few things.

Types of Pesticide
Okay, it's Minor, not Miner. I'll go in and change that after this post for you, though.

Also, I think you'll need to provide a table showing the effects on every species. What happens to Abwehrans? Misshu? Iroma? and so on. This'll be important to GM's who might be working with the Aeonic because they need some sort of quick reference as to what these things do to their PC's and NPC's.

Also, I'd like you to change Keltacide's Damage Rating from 1.5 to either 2 (which'd be understandable) or 1. Also, you should double-check the Damage Rating Guidelines and post them in the relevant article. It's a good policy to read these over and place them where they'll be needed for easy reference.

Pesticide Delivery
My first question is "They have grenades. Do they have a launcher?" If they do and it has already been approved it should be linked into the article.

If they don't, I really believe you should invest in creating one for them. Infantrymen carrying around lethal canisters of gas without protection won't go well -- even if they're less likely to make a mistake by activating it early, dropping it etc. they'll have problems similar to grenade throwers in WW2. When someone pops the pin on the grenade and jumps up, he's shot before he can really toss it.

Other than my nitpicking of the launcher, I know it's just extra work but could you explain the method of how they arm these grenades? Is it a pin? A button? How long do they have before it detonates?

I'm also a bit confused about the Plus-Minus X amount of Feet. Are you saying it can reach up to five feet? Or are you saying it's 0 feet?

--------

I think that's it for now. I really like the idea, and can't wait to see this out and about.

These submissions are Pending.

I think the range he is putting is the area of effect of the gas. From where it hits it goes out 5 feet in all directions, of course that also depends upon weather conditions.

Also, as Nashoba subtly pointed out in the post above, and to me in the IRC, it should be Area of Effect (AoE) and not Range, since it appears that these munitions are thrown.

Well each grenade may differ so it's "more or less this value" the only one being would be the heavy Kor, which is more for flushing the enemy out rather than death.

There is no launcher yet, it might come later.

Also like I noted a human would receive minor effects, except maybe Mishu since they are the most alien species, though I doubt they die from this too. Much like sniffing Raid in the cabinet may cause dizziness but not outright kill you which is what happens to other Aeonic. It's meant to be funny or ironic in this way.

I detailed it a bit better otherwise.

Come to think of it, what if they liked it?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back