• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Aether Dampening Field

Approved with the following restrictions:

- Cannot be installed on a ship/craft less than 250m long
- Range cannot exceed 1 AU diameter
- Effect cannot bypass quantum shielding (modern CFS is not quantum)
- Effect reduces quantum shield effectiveness by 1 DR
- Excessive stress on the aether can transfer to the vessel emitting the dampening field (eg, if one ship tried to dampen the fields of 3+ ships, it will probably have electrical problems, fires, etc)

Please add these to the article.

Um... tangent...

Instead of trying to inhibit the funneling of aetheric power, why not just hinder the the scalar technology used to actually make access to aether possible?

Seems to me as that would be more conservation and a less subspace-warping way of achieving the same ends. *shrugs*

I also don't get Wes' reference to quantum shields and CFS.

Fred said:
Um... tangent...

Instead of trying to inhibit the funneling of aetheric power, why not just hinder the the scalar technology used to actually make access to aether possible?

Seems to me as that would be more conservation and a less subspace-warping way of achieving the same ends. *shrugs*

I also don't get Wes' reference to quantum shields and CFS.

Admittedly, I am with you on this one Fred. *Crosses his arms.*

I would however love for an explanation on this size restriction as it comes off as unseemly.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back