Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Aggressor Updates 1

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Article Updates
Submission URLs:
Faction: Nepleslia
FM Approval: Will say "No" to be sure @Koenig808 takes a look
Faction Art Requirement: No

For Reviewers
Unapproved Sub-Articles:
No
New Art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

This is the first series of articles that will be needing approval to update the Aggressor. Its various weapon systems have been brought up to date, with their stats and grammar looked over. The Minimissiles and Extended Rack however, are proposed updates that will be rolled into the actual articles if approved. This is done to prevent the pages becoming cluttered WIPs that don't tell players what they need to know. If there's any issues, please say so immediately; there's a lot of people vested in these systems, so I got to hear the opinions out there, otherwise I'll be unable to take it into consideration.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know things are slow this time of the year, but does anyone have time to spare right now? I'm worried that the rest of the Aggressor's update relies on these, since they're essentially its sub-systems.

ERS 3A: Isn't 240 mini-missiles a bit much? Can someone do the math on this and show me a scale diagram to show what it looks like?
AMR: Please link to the damage rating page whenever damage ratings are used.

I've gone ahead and put a link to the DR page for the AMR. As for the Extended Rack System though, 240 missiles is what it has always carried historically. Keep in mind that the Aggressor is not a power armor, and in most cases, is very literally twice as tall as a Daisy. At that point, it's large enough to mount what is essentially a crate's worth of mini-missiles on either dorsal point via the rack system.

EDIT: I really don't like doing the math, but if you still feel you'd like me to, I'll do so. It's just...MATH.

You could build it in DOGA perhaps?

Well, I lost all my data when my old hard drive died, so I no longer have it.

Last I checked, the link for DoGA here on SARP no longer works, and had no luck when going directly to the site too. If you want it for weapon art purposes, I simply can't do anything. If you want it to just get an idea of how many missiles that is physically though, just think of stacking stuff. The way the missiles are stored are just like the Metal Storm concept, where it's a whole bunch of projectiles in a single launch tube stacked on each other, so the amount that can be stored is as staggering as the ERS is heavy.

Considering this is an update to the Aggressor, I hear by stamp this with my Approval!~

RPG-D RPGfix
Back