Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Akarat Class System Destroyer?

Would it do more good or harm for the RP setting?

If it doesn't do more good than harm, no.

Why start on the fairly small and/or lower tech scale and work your way up? Make something a crew of player characters might feel comfortable on.

Well, it's pretty much defenseless except for it's shielding. I got the IDea from Gall force. That and the one I designed docks onto the bottom of a Titan class mobile fortress. I think it would create a nice new threat to rally everyone behind.

Well, it's possible to design and build one in the SARP. Who would, though?

Some crazed dictator? A secret military orginazation dedicated to preserving it's empire at any cost. A rich person trying to motivate differant polital parties and even empires? Who's going to build half the stuff I come up with, really. Give me a need, and I'll find a ship design to fill it.

The Akarat was originally a stolen weapon in my own story, used by the main character to tear apart the empire that betrayed him and free the colonized worlds under it's iron grip as an afterthought.

What's your story?

Well. it's kinda a work in progress, a project.
It revolves around the Sarian Imperium, an empire that spans a good half of it's home galaxy. The Sarian's employ conquering warlords to acquire territories for further colonial expansion. Anyone can try to become this warlord, also known as an Ungal Druhad, by raising thier own fleet or getting sponsership. My main character became the highest of the ungal druhad, discovered a very powerful alien ship, and used it to further his own needs. The Sarian's found out about it, captured him , and forced his little sister to take his place. He was kept on Sari for around a year, his mind connected to a body on a planet called earth in a parralel dimension to the Sarian's. They force the main character to design ships for them while living this life, and hope to discover what secrets he knows about the recovered alien ship.
He's eventually rescued by his sister and his fleet, and flees Sari, only to be pursued by a newley engineered artifical Ungal Druhad known as Suna and her comanderd fleet of experimental ships.

I've already submitted a Sarian race who were subsidisary of the Sourcian who were disapproved.

Unless you've had this race approved, I'd apreciate you change the name because I'm re-writing the Sarians and have used the name for the last 5 years and I'd apreciate there not being any copyright issues.

I learned very quickly after arriving here that the best way to get along is not to throw your own concepts into the mix as if you were a GM but actually roleplay a bit first and then introduce trivial things and work your way up.

This all sounds strangely similar to the story of the Terran Imperium of Warhammer 40,000 with a dosage of Macross/Robotech.

In the future, there is no earth.
Only war (and scantly clad catgirls).

This sounds like it would best be a project of your own, rather than something you share with us unless you can properly integrate it.

@OsakanOne: Names can't be copywrited, only works can. Names can be trademarked, however. Example: Sarian Systems. Sarian is traditionally a Russian last name, I think.

@RazealK: Do you plan to integrate this into the SARP?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back