• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Character Aldman Brewmeister

olbbear

Inactive Member
Name: Aldman Brewmeister

General Information

Species: Geshrin

Family (or Creators): Both of his parents are scientists for PNUgen Corp. and had very little to do with his upbringing.

Employer: none
Current Assignment: none

Physical Characteristics

Height: 1.9 meters
Weight: 100kg
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Color: Fit from having spent 3 years on the wrestling and swim teams at Collage. Ruddy and freckled when exposed to sunlight he is normally pale from spending too much time in a library or lab.
Facial Features and Eye Color: Average nordic features except for the epicanthus at his green eyes.
Hair color and Style: Long green hair pulled severly back in a pony. His hair is his one vanity.

Distinguishing Features:
none.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Aldman is an introverted mass of curiosity. His interests are fairly eclectic but he wants depth of understanding and application to each subject he is drawn to, not merely theoretical or operational knowledge. He has had a total of three girlfriends (none of which lasted more than a few months) and makes colleagues rather than friends. He is achievement oriented but not competitive. He is task driven and highly focused, sometimes almost maniacally so. Patient and methodical for the most part he is willing to listen to his intuition and jump into things. He takes direction and suggestions from authority well. He is very slow to anger, but will hold a grudge.

Likes: He likes music, ideas, swimming, physical and intellectual challenges, new vistas and experiences.
Dislikes: Anything void of content, including people, wasting time, and bland food or experiences.
Goals: to explore the universe and encompass as much of it as he can fit into his mind!

History

Born to scientists Aldman was creched as soon as he was weaned. Intellectually gifted he was fast-tracked into the sciences. He won enough scolarship money to pay off his tuition loans and is a free agent. He can be a team player when on a team, his forte has been individual endeavors. He was on the wrestling and swim teams throughout his education and accounted well for himself, but never a team star or captain.

Skills:

Biology: Aldman did not choose an area of concentration, rather he took a monolithic approach studying molecualr biology, then genetics, ontology and physiology, anatomy, pathology, zoology and on to xenobiology. Then he took a similar track with botany and herbology. He then synergized them into ecological systematics.

Mathematics: He attacked this discipline in a similar manner. His bent to master both pragmatic (modeling and game theory) and theoretical (quantum-chaos boundries) disciplines and synergize them was how he won his freedom form debt.

Engineering: Aldman studied enough electro-mechanics and cybernetics to design and build just about any appliance that is needed, and his knowledge of quantum scale technologies makes him a good journeyman nano-tech designer.

Tech-ops: He became impatient in middle-school with the NAV administrator so he undertook it to teach himself IT. This is where he developed his penchant for monolithic learning, and his appatite of learning grew the more he fed it. Now he can Backward-engineer most applications and OSs he runs into, and Large Number theory makes him a good encription hacker.

Fighting: He studied a variety of martial arts styles and never stopped enjoying them. The creche he was raised in had a variety of programs and he took them all as for as they would take him. College taught him wrestling and boxing, and he picked up savat from one of his favorite Math teachers. His knowledge of anatomy and ergonemetrics make him formitable, but he has never used them outside of the controlled arena of a match.

Medical: He trained in micro-surgery and cybernetic installation, but prefers experimental procedures to clinical practice. Xeno-pathology is his latest interest but the university had very limited course offerings or facility for this study.

Maintenance and repair.: Aldman\\\\\\\'s intense curiosity pays off in this dividend. He is satisfied with a rudimentary operational knowledge, but he wants to know how each piece of equipment he is associated with works and how to keep it running. His Systematics background makes preventitive maintenance an understandable and applicable concept.

OOC Notes:

I\'m new at this, so be gentle, please. (PS, forgive the fumble fingered typos.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
6'2" pretty tall for a Gershin. Infact, I'd dare say you'd be the talled one on record.

(Also, for those who don;t follow metric, he weighs 220 lbs)

We're gentleman-ly here, but we don't want you to get over your head. I request an informal IQ test if you're going to play a child prodigy. :)

I see that your character can reverse-engineer OSes. I challange you with these problems three:

1. Explain, in your own words, what virtual memory is and why we need it.

2. Explain, in your own words, what a semaphore is and how it's used.

3. Explain, in your own words, the difference between Hoare semantics and Mesa semantics.

Open notes. Open book. Yes, you can Google them. But, answers must be in your own words. If you already know the answers, or just needs a reminder from Google, or can stay awake while reading about them, you're all right in my book. :D

Or pick a technical or scientific area you're more familiar with, and I can quiz you about it in lieu of my area of expertise. :)

PM said:
virtual memory is the use of mass storage to extend the available ram. This is very slow but it sure beats the ramtop error we used to get

When I was in the Navy semaphore was the methods used to signal between ships without using radio. This consisted in either the positioning of hand held flags or code send using shutters on a light source. In CS it is an algorithm (usually atomic) used to sequence access to a resource.

Hoar semantics is a first come first served enabling of strings in a wait state that use the same variable. The next string is activated after the first passes through a monitor. enable and wait commands are hard. Mesa is more a parallel process that activates multiple strings using the same variable after the enable signal loops back from a monitor and enable and wait commands are used more loosely. This is a more forgiving methodology but can produce devistation crashes. ( this one I had to look up)

on personal note I was born Dec 1955 and started at the University of KY in June 1971. I dropped out Jan. 1974 and joined the Navy for adventure, and have been screwing up ever since.

... Okay, I'm impressed. :)

Please post your contact info here: https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106

Also, please address the concerns that have been raised so far. (Although I would expect a Geshrin with Nordic ancestry to be taller than most Geshrins.)

There's always Word's spell-checker if you want to get rid of the typos. I don't see any glaring misspellings, but there are a few capitolization errors.

What position do you have in mind for your character? As it is, he is very much overqualified to serve in the Star Army (even as a junior officer).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back