• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

All Purpose "Fabricator" construction system.

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... chine_shop

A full suite for designing, testing, fabricating and perfecting just about any complicated mechanical system. There are, naturally, limitations (she don't do aetheric systems or antimatter and the system is very limited by the expertise of the user: If you don't know how something works IC, you can't build one unless you're following an existing schematic).

It's probably cheaper to buy parts than build them: This is better for one-off and custom gear unless you're willing to let the quality drop or spend literally weeks or months perfecting equipment.

I figure it's a good thing for independents and their ships to be able to build stuff.

Again: I would love feedback, negative or positive. I take criticism well and would love to hear what you think. I'm also very interested in how I should price it: I want you guys to decide that.

It is rather vague in its descriptions, the central foundation of the idea is a good one. Promoting development in the independent area is a good thing. However, the article needs more work. Things such as the "Casimir projector" actually need fleshing out and explanation.

You mention its control being set by an internal computer, yet I do not see a computer design for it.

Basically, you have a good idea. It just lacks the fleshing out that is required for articles on the site.

Let me know when the "more" has come.

After reading this, I have to say, I actually Like this thing. High Tech take on present day construction facilities wrapped in a smaller package, with more bang for your buck.

Btw, you misspelled Strands when refering to Protein Strands. It was Stands.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back