• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN All UOC Players and GMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
I would appreciate it if all UOC GMs please join me in IRC (I will make a room) at 10:30PM EST tonight, where we will discuss the terms of our dissolution/the end of this maddening nightmare.

While my intentions were for the better of the site to introduce yet another interesting dynamic, it appears that it is going to cause the site to splinter through the arguments between GMs etc.

As many of you know; I cannot subject myself to highly stressful situations due to recent personal problems. At this time, we will work to bring an end to this for that sake, not to satisfy the the whims of those who want this over for other reasons.

We will find a way to do this so that Jiyuu keeps a high level of autonomy, hopefully utilizing the recent attack on Yuukan, Murf etc by the overwhelming Norian force as a reason to reluctantly return to the Empire.

Some of you are going to be upset with me over this, I am asking you guys to do this for me, I have never lead you astray or let you fall through the cracks.

Thank you. See you then.

No comment...just no comment... I'm just going to go before I let my emotions get the better of me because I'm starting to get there, and before I end up iat the doctors office again.

Aww man. I really hope that we aren't going to see a great new faction with a lot of potential just fade away into a historical footnote just because some people can't accept change OOC. I was seriously considering making my next character UOC. To have it go the way of Norton I would be really depressing.

10:30 PM EST is 12:30 AM where I am, I can easily be online at that time and I’d really like a better idea of what is going on here. And if there are to be changes that impact my character, I would like a say in the matter. I may not be a GM but I request permission to sit in on this.

Perhaps before making this IC change we should try again to resolidify OOC relations? OOC =/= IC, and we should not have to ICly reintegrate due to OOC issues...I'm sure there's an alternative somewhere.

Here's hoping we can find a course of action which will make everyone happy.

It's sad some people who consider themselves your friends have driven you to choose between your faction and your health.

On another note, 10:30 is generally when I go to sleep. I get up early for work. We'll see what happens, but as per usual, I can't promise my presence.

THE VERDICT

After some discussion, we decided that OOCly, the UOC shall proceed as it stands but we're going to try to make a more conscious effort towards co-existence on both an OOC and IC level with the other factions. ICly this means the UOC is going to try to repair their relationship with Yamatai.

The UOC exists to give players another choice for a different setting, it's not meant to put down any other faction which was a bit of a misconception. The misunderstanding has lead to some words and blows exchanged across both levels and we need to stop.

We are a community of friends, but we've gotten a little distracted by our new toys so we have to be more aware of how we refer to each other's factions across the board. We're all guilty in some way and we all need to try to help rebuilding the community. So please, try to remember the person behind the screen.

Thanks for your support. <3

~ Kim

ICly this means the UOC is going to try to repair their relationship with Yamatai.

If I may be so bold. The UOC didn't even do anything aside from claim independence, all the damage was caused by Yamatai. So by rights, It's Yamatai's job to fix the problem.

This matter has been settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back