• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Allowed actions

tomaszavenger

Inactive Member
Sorry for bombarding questions, I'm new and I don't want to make mistakes:

I have joined the NSS Acadia and have realised a problem: in my rush to enter the game I did not spend any DA on outfitting my character. This has left me very disadvantaged in that my only weaponry is my Styrling Silver .45 Pistol, with 3 magazines in total. That's easily going to run out soon, so I'll probably have to use some tactics. What are the rules on:

- Stealing weaponry/ammunition from the dead
- Finding items on the battlefield
- Purchasing, can it be done in battle? (I doubt it, unless there are vendors in the sky that can drop crates if you send them a message).

Don't fret too much about not being equipped, most GMs aren't bastards and won't throw anything at you you can't handle without backup. Each GM has their own style and methods, if you pick a challenging GM expect unforgiving combat. Bodies can be searched, but let the GM choose the loot, ripping guns out of the previous owners still warm, bloody fingers is usually rewarded slightly more compared to cold bodies.

If you have a lot of questions you can join us on IRC where you can spam queries with abandon. :)

My policy is this:

You can do anything that your character would be able to do if this was 'real life'

This means you can steal weapons, but the weapons have to be there which only happens if another character has them / drops them / hands them over or if I say there are weapons on the ground (I don't usually go into exacting detail about your surroundings unless your character is specifically searching or investigating something).

You can also buy anything you want so long as you are at a store that sells that item. You can also ask your higher ups for equipment or ask your starship's computer to make/acquire it for you. Consider the RP like DnD, just you write instead of rolling dice.

Feel free to PM me if you are ever unsure about what you can/can't do on the NSS Acadia (Or post here, or post in the OOC thread) while I'm GMing it or if you have questions/comments/concerns.

People will understand if you have to "acquire" items to continue the fight. Ask your GM to describe what's around your character that he might be able to use.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back