• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Asamoya And it just keeps going... Parallel to: An Unfortunate Night

Soresu

Kyuuka merely shook her head when the new Santo Hei made her way into the med bay, and was promptly directed to the auxiliary. The nurse sighed, and went over a checklist of supplies, big battles called for lots of medicines, bandages, and body bags after all. And more then likely the Shoi would be going out of her way taking on injured and the like, or perhaps evacuating a ship to the Asamoya.

She groaned a little at that particular thought. The Asamoya could fit over three hundred people on board, but that wouldn't exactly be the most roomy of fits. Muttering a little, and nodding at the current stock of supplies she went back to work.

New girl coming your way Fuyu. Kyuuka's telepathic voice would sound off in her sister's mind.

~~~~~~

"Kessah I want you to monitor for any irregularities in the ship's systems. You see something, identify it, and notify me. Nana, you're in charge of patching things up along with Kessah, and Cherry." Yuriko's voice came over the comm, though when she spoke Cherry's name her tone shifted a little from battle hardend, to sad, and worried.

"I suggest you properly arm yourselves, I have un-locked one of the armories for you. SMG's should do it. And if any trouble arises, let me know, and I will activate the NIWS."

As Yuriko spoke the ship rumbled a little. The rumbling came from various sources, ships exploding, torpedoes going off near by, and the occasional SEPC grazing their shields from stray shots as the Asamoya at least joined the battle.

Yumiko was just a little bit surprised, and relieved, at the bustle of activity in preparation for the inevitable wounded. As she was just about to announce herself, the wave from Saya made her pause and give one in return. Then she's directed to the auxiliary, and promptly made her way in that direction.

Upon entering, she almost expected the exact same sight. But, first things first. She had to find who was in charge, there, and get instruction.

"Everything's probably exploding!"

Nana softly whined as she stood, parked in engineering, peering over the console for several minutes before she'd take off for her manual inspections. In her mind, not even superior technology could match her keen eyes, though that was probably little more than a product of ego.

Either way, she'd be feeling useful soon enough as she trotted down the hall, like a kid in a candy store, ready at first notice to cling to anything broken, breaking, or malfunctioning like a toddler to a teat. She'd leave it up to Kessah to inform her if anything was going wrong somewhere where she was not present.

Kessah nodded softly to herself, keeping her eyes glued to the engineering console. Everything seemed fine, cept for one thing that made her smile. Speaking over the comm, "Everything is good... A few ship quirks energy read out wise, but otherwise its golden."

She adjusted the SMG she went off to get not to long ago a little, just to bit picky, and began to play the waiting game as she repeatively checked and double checked things via console. Sure, she'd much rather be about the ship like Nana, but it was a decently sized ship and she was small. Oh well... Military safe anyway, no fun to it...

Cherry just grunted a little at the orders, half tempted to just flip off the air and go back into her room. But something stopped her. Probably the sprite in me... She sighed a little depressively before she made similar rounds like Nana, although keeping herself on the otherside of the Asamoya.

Yuriko's voice soon echoed throughout the ship. "Prepare for fold!" Her voice commanding, and hard edged in the midst of battle. The transition was instantaneous as the Asamoya soon was above the SMX carriers, and began its assault. The ship soon was rocked by another blast from a SEPC grazing the shields along the port side power armor bay. Thankfully the weapon was stopped by the multi-layered shielding, and no damage was incurred. It was as if the ship were telling Cherry to get out of her funk, and get to work.

"Kessah I need those capacitors recharged as soon as you can without draining too much power from the other systems." The Shoi's voice came over the comm's in engineering. They'd been mostly drained in that one maneuver. Having used up most for the aether cannon, and the remainder for the Hyperfold drives.

"Until you can get a decent charge in them we're going to have to use the SEPCs off and on with the main gun. We can't do both."

"Nana-chan, how is everything looking from your end?"

Kessah nodded a little, running her hands quickly over her console. Tch, This'll be easy.

Working with speed incomparable to most Engineers (The experience does help, you know) she speaks over the comm before hitting a button, sending a message ship wise, "Lights out for about a minute." Now, this was a bit of a false statement. 4/5 lights across the ship were turned off (Which were quite a few in the long run), but there was still enough lighting across the ship to see, it was just dim. Eh... Not quite good enough... Hm-- Oh!" Sending the Shoi a comm, she spoke rather quickly without even a bit of hesitation, "Shoi, can I get permission to turn off gravity from now on? Its actually safer without usually and it'll save up power." Of course, most of the war ships she was on in the past depressurized, having the crew put on suits and what not. Old style, maybe, but certainly effective.

Cherry, meanwhile, just grunted a little at the ship's rumbling, Fucking Mishhu... Die in fire, all of you. She, regardless of her in general horrible mood, brought up a window detailing damage reports to the Asamoya, her arms crossed as she just kept walking. Nothing to do yet.

"Alternate the desk with, and without gravity. It can be dangerous since there are a number of objects not attached to the floors, walls, and the like." Yuriko warned. "I will deligate you more generator power from aether generators one and three, you could also use the portable aether generators to help recharge the reactor by tieing them in. If you wish to do that, I will grant you permission to use the damage control sta--."

Yuriko was cut off as she was suddenly commanding not only her own ship but a number of others. "The damage control stations." She finished.

Fuyu was in the medbay, the white haired sprite jogging here and there as she made sure to get everything ready. "Greetings Yumiko-hei, welcome to the Asamoya. Please go ahead and begin to prep what I have not, any tanks, or anything you think we may need. This is a small list of what we have here."

Silently a message would be sent to the girl, a list of items in the current bay, along with what was already prepped and what was not prepped. It was a relatively easy list, mostly hemo packs that needed to be readied, or blankets and surgery supplies.

"No real damage as far as I can see.. ..Y..Yuriko-Shoi."

Nana's voice grew considerably low as she relayed the current state of her side of the ship, enjoying nothing more than to manually check everything. However, something else was tickling at the back of her mind. Something that caused her maintenance checks to be a little less thorough than usual.

Shaking her head, she'd quickly steel herself and return to her route, preparing to don an environmental suit should anything major go wrong that needed immediate attention.

Yumiko nodded quickly to Fuyu, and gave her a nervous smile. "Mmh. A pleasure to meet you." she said, even as her mind started checking off things that her eyes spotted about the bay. A personal checklist was being made. A double-check on everything she saw -just- to make sure she didn't un-prepare something that was already prepared.

"Well! Let's get things ready." she said with a steadying breath. Though, she did look confident enough in what she was doing. She did the simple things: procedures to set out and prepare the hemo-packs; quick and efficient folding, spreading, and smoothing techniques to make sure blankets were there and ready if needed; kits and trays of surgery things, set near the tables that were inevitably going to be occupied by people in need of emergency assistance. She took pains to make sure whatever she did was neat and tidy, because when one didn't have to look for what they were going to -need-, stress was reduced and mistakes were avoided.

That's what she was all about... A safe, healthy, and stress-free work environment. Unfortunately, the fact they were in the middle of a massive battle didn't give her any help at all.

Kessah replied to her Shoi chipperly, "All charged. We'll talk about power some time after the battle, Mm?" She smiled a little to herself before going back down to her console, keeping the lights off for the moment. They didn't need them, after all. After a brief moment, she nodded to herself and walked away from the console, making her way over across the engineering room to fiddle with some generator settings.

Little more... Not to much for that... Nah, that'd cause a self detonation like on the Anastasia...... Hm... Oh, here...

"Kessah, give me everything the Asamoya has for the shields, FTL, and weapons... Push them past their limits." Yuriko's voice sounded a little reluctant as she ordered this. She suddenly went ship wide. "Attention crew, we are about to push the Asamoya's systems past their operational limits. This is a dangerous move I know, but a needed one, seven SMX destroyers are heading towards Jiyuu and we need to help the forces engaging them before any harm comes to the planet."

The Shoi took a deep breath as she spoke. "I will need the coolant and flow pathways recalibrate automatically. Also I will need a technician to monitor the shielding systems, FTL, and the weapon systems, and be ready to repair any damages to them. Alternate which shield generators are being pushed past 100% to minimize the damage to the one currently active. Set it up through MEGAMI to regulate the power to the shielding systems."

Kessah would hear an alert and smell burnt circuitry as two of the particle cannon's power relays burnt out. Sparks issued forth from their housings, and then they powered down. In the auxiliary ship he gravimetric engines also went offline due to severe overheating. Otherwise, the ship was fine, and returning to normal.

Kessah did as Yuriko said (As did Cherry, for that matter, but no one cares about her. Shh.), although there was a bit of hesitance. Over doing anything on a ship was never a good thing. Ah well.

Wincing a little at the alert, she sighed a little, sending Yuriko a message through the Comm. "... You burnt the ship a little. How dare you!" It was a jest, yes, and a obvious one by her tone of voice. "Is this it for battle?" She wouldn't have to rig things otherwise, being able to actually repair the annoying things. Well, replace.

After she was done speaking and waiting for Yuriko, the small woman gently stroked the engineering console as if coaxing the ship, which she was, mouthing; 'I'm sorry, we did all we could. You were great!'. Play music for plants and they grow better, and its a popular thing for spacers to talk to their ships to coax 'em. Damn attention whores.

Yuriko pursed her lips a little. "Alright we're returning to Hotaru for repairs. I would like an evaluation of the damage done however. But be careful, the auxiliary ship's gravimetric engines were running dangerously hot. I'm cooling it down now via the life support systems, and the coolant lines. Nominal temperatures will be achieved in about ten minutes, until then don't enter."

With that said, Yuriko recalled the Asamoya's power armor wing back aboard, both to repair, and relax after a hard fought victory.

"Fights over, leave the runners to the creepies..." Datenshi said as she kicked aside the remain of a weapons pod before she moved back to the Asamoya. With a sigh she peered around for Sumaru. Opening a private channel to the pilot she scowled.

"Once we get inside we are going to have a little chat, hear me?"

"Alright," Kessah began in reply, "I'll get my mates in wrenches to help me look over the ship..." She was referring to her fellow engineers, obviously, and opened the comm. channel up to them as well, "Look through the systems, see whats damaged and whats not, priority systems first as usual. We know the overheated systems are damaged, but its possible for other things, too, so don't go off runnin' for those specific systems. Now make like good duckies." She kept the line up with Yuriko just to say what they'd do, nothing more, and looked down to the engineering console. "Just a report, not rigin' or anything. Well, patch things up if its required, obviously." In all reality, the only way she could have actually retreated from her submissive shell to give out the tasks was, in reality, because she was thinking of her sister saying it in her head and Kessah just relaying it. It was a novel system, worked wonders.

In anycase, Kessah got to work with her current task; lowering the power to damaged systems to prevent further damage. The engines, for instance, got about 20% then they'd usually do. Enough to coax is back to operation when it was read, but not enough to make it go hot again. All, however, of the particle cannon's power relays were shut down. Yes, two were burnt out, that was obvious. But others might be damaged, too, and the last thing she wanted was some sort of Aether weapon leak. Bad for the reputation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back