Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Animus & Anima

The description of the thing that created them reads Just like a Star Trek episode I watched the other day.

Somehow I don't think this cropping up in the most Star Trek-like plot in the setting is mere coincidence.

Aside from that, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the robot insects themselves.

Actually Kai, it had nothing to do with Star Trek.

This was the original idea I put forth more than a year ago.

From the Planning thread
Jul 03 said:
haven't worked out the full deal. Basically the SSS folks found a site and while exploring it triggered something. Localized Aether jamming field knocked out most of the high power stuff. Trying to decide if I want to go with the Zombies, or a bioweapon of a mechanical nature. Perhaps small bio-mechanical spiders that burrow into the back of the neck and attach to the central nervous system.

Thinking the site would be a left over from the last war, a SMX weapon research site that was left after the SMX pulled out. The spider thingies being a precusor the current zombie bugs.
However, because I have grown weary of the NMX War, I decided to keep the bugs but remove the Squids. As for the concept of a computer rebelling, let's see Taiie no Iori in SARP in the past, and SKYNET - Terminator, almost every science fiction form has dealt with this topic. Precedents

RPG-D RPGfix
Back