• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Another Brick

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 46
RP Location
Laeyria Prime

Laeyra Prime​

Laeyra System, Yirune Arm​

Chrystalis Unorsum​

Looking out over the Capital, the absence of lights created an eerie scene through the broken panes that once offered a grand view from the throne room. Apart from the occasional flickers of emergency lights and the dim glow of candles and fires in barrels scattered across the streets, the only substantial illumination came from the blazing sigil of the United Norian Imperium projected into the sky. Tears rolled down Empress Nuvian's soiled cheek, staining the armor she had worn for weeks, or perhaps months – time had become a blur.

The Laeyrian Empress, her attention drawn to the blazing sigil, could not help but avert her gaze. Commander Aekalyn Kelleth, the elder defacto leader of the crumbled defense forces, approached her position.

"Empress, please, you should go to the bunker. I can't guarantee your safety up here," he urged.

Nuvian exhaled, turning to face him. Placing her hand on his cheek, she whispered, "Oh, my sweet old Aekalyn, no bunker can keep me safe. Not after what we did. Not after the atrocities we committed. I'd rather die up here where I can witness it than down in some hole." She withdrew her hand, wiping her tears, and forced a smile. "We are going to die today. It won't be a tragedy; if anything, it will be exactly what we deserve," she prophesied. The approaching footsteps of soldiers breached the inner doors of the palace.

"Your Highness, but we..." Commander Kelleth began, but Nuvian shook her head, continuing to look at him. The once-majestic leader of their world now appeared soiled, as if she had crawled across the city from a grave she had marked as her own.

Nuvian shook her head again, "We butchered them. We put them in camps and slaughtered them in the name of our peace with the Craethel. We were cowards who turned on our only ally when they needed us the most. We sided with the wrong faction, and we've lost everything now because of it." The sound of approaching boots grew louder as they drew closer to the throne room. "I'm sorry; the gods know I am sorry, but I doubt it will even be considered when Tetsuya slits my throat," she said absently, gazing up at the blazing sigil before positioning herself in front of the throne.

The throne room doors swung open, revealing two lines of eight soldiers entering in a disciplined manner. These were not the typical UNN soldiers Nuvian had seen in intelligence photos earlier that morning at the Starport. These were the Astradrim Valariel, the elite of the elite, adorned in pristine jet-black paneled uniforms. Each wore a black and teal necklet with the Crixa dangling from it. Nuvian had expected an immediate attack, but instead, the soldiers formed parallel lines, turning towards each other with their battle rifles casually resting on their shoulders. This was not just a preliminary assault.

As the Empress lowered her head, the lone set of approaching footfalls became audible, revealing Tetsuya in the poor lighting from the windows. The platinum blonde-haired Norian, also in uniform, displayed perfect posture as he cleared the line of troops and approached Nuvian. Uncomfortably, she observed him behaving oddly, removing his gloves and neatly hanging them from his belt – a peculiar sight given what she knew about Norians.

"Nuvian..." he began, acknowledging her, then nodding slightly at the elder commander before focusing his attention back on the Empress. "Your city is in darkness, and so are you, I see," his Nira'las accent lending weight to each word. Glancing around the throne room, he added, "I remember the last time I was here; the floors were so clean you could eat off of them." Stepping closer, he locked eyes with Nuvian. Pulling out a handkerchief, he wiped it across her brow. The dirt left a marred stain on the once-pristine white cloth, and he folded it before repeating the gesture. "Much more becoming of a woman of your station, now..." he paused, maintaining eye contact, "How can the Imperium be of assistance?" he inquired in a clear voice.

Nuvian looked puzzled, then sad, and then puzzled again. "Assistance?" she questioned, a lump forming in her throat. It was hard to believe that's what he had said.

"Well, we noticed the Craethel left you in a mess. Your people are hungry and have been without services for months. We have food, a division of engineers, and many hands. It would be most helpful if your people didn't open fire on us when we attempt to bring them supplies. Perhaps you can consult with your people, Empress? We could probably use some individuals familiar with the lay of the land, assuming you have any soldiers available, we also will see to it our citizens are returned," he suggested.

Nuvian blinked, surprised to hear Tetsuya address her as Empress instead of Representative. Confusion clouded her expression as she stammered, "I...we...can convey your message, and we graciously accept your assistance, Sol'Aest." Uncertain of what to expect, she had anticipated bleeding out on the floor. However, Tetsuya nodded and extended his right hand, ungloved, toward her. Cautiously, she reached out, shaking his hand. Even as allies, such a gesture had never occurred before. What had changed? A myriad of questions raced through her mind.

"Perhaps you'd like to return to my ship? You look like you could use a bath and a hot meal. Of course, only if you and your Commander don't mind partaking in our food," he offered. "Bring whoever you need. I assure you, we'll return you home once things are a bit less chaotic. You can also consider an idea I've had," the Norian Sol'Aestaesys said after releasing her hand. He hoped that she would accept so that he and Lynira could present to her the resolution that they had devised.

Nuvian nodded slowly, still suspicious yet surprised. She took a deep breath and studied the Norian leader, attempting to work out the shift in dynamics in her head. Somehow she still expected she would end up dead.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back