• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Antagonist Faction] Galactic Armament Organization and Decker

Moogle

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Antagonist faction (Read:GM tool for pirates) and NPC head of them.
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:galactic_armament_organization&#ooc_notes , https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:jaqk

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? New faction.
Faction requires art? Yes, just for a logo. I will get this at a later date.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Just one, for both of these, and that's eachother. They're codependent articles.
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: This is an antagonist faction to serve as a semi-single entity for GM's to use as a resource for something that ISN'T NMX stragglers or just "Random raider". They have already had presence in one plot (The ISC Phoenix), and I've got a few interesting plans for Decker to pull off - with respective factional permission, of course. If you guys want me to, I'll shill it as much as possible to make sure all the GM's know about these assholes.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
They definitely have some serious assets, but the guidance as to how each unit works is pretty cool. Feels very much like a series of video game ruffians.

Are you clear to use Gartagen units?

Very good. Thanks Gardener.

Mog, is there a rough idea of their financial assets? I.e. can they go out and buy a new Ookami if they lose their main one?

I. . . honestly don't understand sarp finances. I'm more in the mindset of providing interesting RP opportunities for players and GMs. That being said. . . they have a small fleet of low-end cruise-liners which provide some sort of income to the fleet as a whole, plus whatever drug running they might do, plus the general mercenary work and the money THAT brings in. . .

This really just makes me realize we desperately need like an "average income" page, that lists how much a person of X job would make on a monthly basis.

Heh. The lack of understanding is generally shared. No worries. It sounds like they could replace assets as needed, but probably don't want to be in the habit of losing -- an ethos that their tactics support.

One more thing before I approve it: Is this more of an NPC-style faction? We're not having players join this, right?

This is indeed an NPC style faction, for the sole purpose of providing cannon fodder for plots. And maybe even provide a nice little sub-metaplot, provided I can get folks to cooperate.

(Mind you, very few of the subfactions will commit their big transports to an activity, and will instead use either an allie's shuttle or their hirer's shuttle.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back