• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Any suggestions on a location for a station?

Strangelove

Inactive Member
I've just realized that I haven't actually picked out a specific location on the map for the Center.

Since CSEIA is an independent station that survives off asteroid mining and hydroponic labs, a planet isn't a requirement. This means I could place the station almost anywhere, but I don't want to randomly pick a location out of fear I may unintentionally step on some piece of historical canon.

Right now I'm sort of leaning towards the Lonely Expanse, since the lack of planets would make it an ideal location for privacy for CSEIA's operations. Or to the north east/west of the pirate world, Halna, due to CSEIA's reliance in pirates as a first line of defense.

Thoughts?

Well, the CSEIA don't seem that disreputable.

Look at the bright side: if the mishhu creep up the map, the station is going down first! Forewarning of impending disaster for the 3rd XF. XD

3rd XF pilot: "I heard the CSEIA station got owned!"
3rd XF medic: *nods* "It was the Mishhuvurthyar."
3rd XF pilot: "Eh? What were they doing here?"
3rd XF medic: "Well, you know, there's that war going on."
3rd XF pilot: "What???"
3rd XF medic: "Yeah, you know, that thing going on at the south of the map."
3rd XF pilot: "You're fucking kidding me! We're at war?"
3rd XF medic: "Yup. For a couple of weeks now. Since the mishhu have crept up this far north, I suppose the 1st XF, 5th XF and 2nd SF got owned."
3rd XF pilot: "Why didn't anyone tell me?!" *tears at hair and runs to prep her Mindy 1D for combat*

Not to mention the big expanse has classically been used for weapons and FTL engine testing by SARA...

Bleh, I wish someone had told me about that before. Oh well. Can't be helped.

On the plus side, Halna isn't too far off. It would make for a nice supply of mercenaries for when the space poo hits the fan. That is, if CSEIA doesn't manage to sign a non-aggression pact with the Mishhu. Who knows, maybe they'd support a change in government if it meant less restrictions on research and the export of technology...

Excuse me while I go off to plot a conspiracy.

That reminds me of the time Nepleslia had to talk the Mishhu out of glassing their homeworld.

Nepleslian diplomat: In conclusion, we seek a non-aggression treaty between our government and yours.

Mishhu diplomat: Um, so... Do we plant our eggs in you now or later?

Nepleslian diplomat: ... We're gonna go with later.

Mishhu diplomat: Aww.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back