• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Anyone know Russian?

Scot

Inactive Member
It was originally intended to have Aeonic lean toward Russian language since I had imagined the ants at least wearing fur coat like uniforms, though the problem of course is the alphabet of English and Russian don't quite mix well.

So unless I know someone who could translate, I think I'll switch to Spanish, which is easier, heh.

Depends on how much you need. My father was a Russian linguist for 20 years, so I can help a bit, but not for anything big or complicated. Spanish I can do really well though! 7 years of studying behind me, I hope I ca for sure.

You could always make them speak Al Bhed or another cypher for the sake of easy translation.

Or you could make their language sound more exotic with this Language Mixer.

Here's your OP post in Al Bhed:
Ed fyc unekehymmo ehdahtat du ryja Yauhel mayh dufynt Nicceyh myhkiyka cehla E ryt esykehat dra yhdc yd maycd faynehk vin luyd mega ihevunsc, druikr dra bnupmas uv luinca ec dra ymbrypad uv Ahkmecr yht Nicceyh tuh'd xieda seq famm.

Cu ihmacc E ghuf cusauha fru luimt dnyhcmyda, E drehg E'mm cfedlr du Cbyhecr, frelr ec aycean, rar.

Here's it in "Sibilant 1" from the language mixer:
I zsis ileshehsissith ehihviv i msixi Aiihes sisih izsilv Ressesih ssihshesishi sehsi I msiv ersishehiv mi sihs si sisis zisilehsh hel sisi sei ehehilrs, mieshm mi phlifsir ih sielsi es mi sisphmsifi ih Ehshsesm sihv Ressesih vih' weei re ziss.

Si ehsiss I hiz siriihi zmi siesv lsihsssii, I meh I'ss szesm i Sphsihesm, zmesm es isiseil, mim.

I apologize if I mispoke, they don't really speak Russian, or a easy translatable language.

The language is mostly just to make naming things feel foreign in SARP, while I already go by an insect sort of sounding names, the Russian was going to be used for naming tech, or certain items (such as the tech brood the Dazhbog was some name I took from a city I think).

It would also make saying the name out loud easier, since I'm sure Ecititonae is not that friendly.

Well, I could use some Russian words for guns to use, and then some Russian for the mutation tech. The mutation tech needs at least maybe 2 or three words for change (or something smart sounding) while gun names can be cool sounding.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back