• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Apparel Array

I have added on some descriptions of its size, however, I'd rather not have them. There are no images currently in existence, and the same goes for them. This is a civilian device, not a piece of military hardware, and more specifically, a piece of jewelry and apparel; I wanted players to visualize or imagine what it looks like, instead of having a single stock image bouncing around in their minds. Since jewelry comes in so many forms and designs, I was hoping for something similar here, with each player having their own interpretation of how it looks; I honestly believe it would be more entertaining to players to have an item of lesser importance be played this way.

Besides these two items of notice, are there any other concerns I need to worry about, such as free SAoY Type 30 Female Duty Uniform Cosplay function?

Seems a bit extreme, especially considering that half the nature of clothing is tactile.

Still, these are advanced cultures. The use of such a thing (and even the military applications for espionage) are interesting to say the least.

How do the individual pieces communicate to maintain the 'illusion', do they use wireless? bluetooth?

Three days of continous operation on capacitors small enough to fit into these devices? Let alone trying to fit the computer, emitter, power cells in each piece. Then the micro set reduces all the pieces even more.

Volumetric displays aka Holograms take lots of energy, let alone the computational power.

Need to address the intercommunication issue, suggest that a large module be added that provides the power and control. None of the mentioned arrays are big enough to realistically house them. And since you are covering the body with a hologram, the device would be hidden by them.

SAoY already has an espionage suit with this capability SOFS and it uses solar collectors to augment its power systems. And it only gives 6 hours of operation without sunlight.

Volumetrics are already widely used in the SARP so I don’t see a problem with a submission that fleshes them out more. However, in a time of war like this (even in peacetime) impersonating a military officer would be very frowned upon and probably illegal. I think the SAoY cosplay function should be removed or replaced by sort sort of civilian camo or a maid costume or something.

I don't have a problem with fleshing them out. I just feel that the submission needs work to make it more believable.

I intended for the individual pieces to communicate to one another via a wireless communication system. However, now that the topic of energy is brought up, I'll probably shift the entire device over to a singular belt instead. As you mentioned, this will be more feasible. Also, since the SAoY Uniform Cosplay will be frowned upon (even with a marker signifying it is not the actual thing) what else do you have in mind besides a camouflage suit or maid costume? The free costume thing is supposed to be a bit of a funny gag item that comes with it anyways. I might as well make the entire device for both genders. Any ideas for guy costumes? Do these ideas sound acceptable?

If these sound alright, I'll get to editing the article soon.

Curse the double posting!

I've simplified the Apparel Array down to a belt like item, and reduced it's operational span from 3 days to only 24 hours of constant use. The belt now consists of several segments or modules linked together, with every other unit a capacitor. The individual parts are hardwired together so that they may work in tandem to produce the volumetric image.

As stated earlier, I deliberately left the appearance vague so that players would be more likely to come up with their own impressions, or have custom models made for their characters. If this is not acceptable, I will change it.

APPROVED.

Thank you for being so patient and I hope that we can expand on this later to make other variants (I liked the necklace and stuff!).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back