• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Aquila Flight - Return and Recover (Interlude 0.5)

NSS Oracle, Hangar

Lexi looked at Leo and was quite confused by his words. "I have a job to do, which is to keep the wounded from falling apart." However, it dawned on her what he might have been alluding to, to which she began to laugh some. "You think.... you think I have those kinds of feelings for Lt. Frost? You're sadly mistaken, Ensign. He and I are acquaintances and nothing more."

She took Knight's hand and applied a cleansing spray that even most Marines would be hard pressed to ignore the burning sensation as it removed any bacteria from the wound. After which, she bandaged up his hand and offered him a parting statement. "I do agree with one thing you said, that being that we don't have much time left."

The mans lips still retained that hint of a smile, returning the gaze to Lexi before instead focusing on his own hand, looking down at it while the spray was applied, the sting spread briefly although there was only a short tenseness that washes across his features before Knight decidedly spoke yet again.

"I suspect this is more than most here get to share in their final hours. But naturally you should do what you feel to be right, I know I did"

'did' thought the pilot as the hand was bandaged up and he flexed his digits just one before folding his arms neatly across his own chest and leaning back against the crate he stood near. The smile dissipating as he looked down at himself, ever so slightly moving his fingers again and again to re affirm that subtle pain to course through him. That revenge was damnation.

NSS Oracle, Hangar Bay

Still gazing in the direction of Lexi, Milo accepted Sayoko's offered hand, still too disoriented from to notice the owner of said hand - that is, until he looked up, intent on thanking whomever had helped him off of the ground.

At that moment, reality (in its typical, cruel fashion) quite literally came crashing back down onto Milo via the aforementioned headache flaring up again once more, causing the LT to swear vigorously - then do so again as he realized whose hand in particular he was holding.

"The fucking hell did you do to me?" Seriously, what the shit is going on? Last thing I remember is entering the hangar, and now I'm holding hands with that green-haired freak?

While Edward was off puzzling and pondering the mega weapon Happy the holoprojected squirrel was left to over hear and swiveled his head as the few conversations went on.

Having figured that it was an appropriate time he spoke up with proper fanfare. A big neon arrow illuminated above him pointing down to the three foot fluffy rodent. "HEY YOU GUUUUYS," he boomed in a rendition of a famous past adventurous pirate scene involving a loveable yet atrociously ugly mutant.

"You all have it right. We each have these great skills that make us the best. Why don't we say them out loud. I can record it all and help analyze for appropriate uses. Take Edward for example. He said he wasn't well versed in live fighter situations... And boy is he right! He stinks at it! But," Happy said quickly spinning and shaking his furry rump and tail and spun back, "he has a great grasp of the mechanical and electronic aspects of flying. So, using that info, I can say that in the future, maybe each of you could throw out some tips or tricks to better improve his flying. In return, he can teach all you nubs about how to actually use a computer.

I know, I know some of you are saying you are already good with computers. I say, HA! None of you have ever used 10 computers simultaneously to defeat the mega ultra super boss Hufronixianatonitiono on World of Battlecraft. So come on, who wanta to learn what from other pilots and who thinks they got something to teach?"

NSS Oracle, Hangar Bay

The feminine hand holding Milo's had a strong grip to it, the pressure on his fingers and the serious gaze from the Jiyuuian that went along with it serving to steady his awareness. "That would be what Nurse Winters did for you." There was definitely no devilish Nekovalkyrja furred ears there, and no blows from the engineered soldier came when he cursed her -- only the look of one who simply deeply understood the pain he felt in that moment. "Get yourself together, Lt. Frost. Maverick, Rogue, Iceman and... Emily... wouldn't want to see you like this." It was unsaid yet entirely obvious to the sobering pilot that he must have been talking about them in his stupor.

NSS Oracle, Hangar Bay

Milo once again froze at the mention of his former squadmates. Time out. There's no fucking way she would know that unless......well, shit. She might actually have a point.

With a curt nod and a harsh (cybernetically-enhanced) tug, the Nepleslian yanked his fingers out of Sayoko's grasp, the only thing saving the latter from further insult being the Jiyuuian's expression - for not even Milo (with his....extreme dislike of Nekovalkyrja and anything resembling them) dared to violate the unspoken code that exists between all of those that have seen (and survived) the crucible of battle.

That being said, he was still quite pissed - especially considering that he'd accepted help from one of them...

You'll regret it if you speak of them again, bitch...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back