• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Araxie Reservoir.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What is the top of the crater covered with?

You don't have to move it back to submissions, but I would like the question answered in the article by @Zack.

Some quick googling doesn't tell me what the insides of water towers are made of... so I'm going to just say 'Some non-reactive composite material' is on the inside.

The exterior is made of durandium.

I'll update the article now.

Reactions: Wes
Glass. The inside could have Glass inside. Round the bottom of it so that the water spins and sediment can't build up. Also protects from things rusting.

Source: I did work in water storage both residential and commercial a few years back. Glass is more than enough and you live on a sand planet so should be more than easy enough to make.

Also, you have a resivoir of fresh water btw. The tunnels the Vekimen dug went under the ocean and the earth filtered out much of the contaminants. You just have to do the work to filter out the remainder. Realistically, it would be like stream water so completely drinkable. It would make the Algea workers mad though.

Reactions: Wes
Tagging @Zack to make sure he saw my update. The Vekimen, built you a fresh water source. No Algae, no Salt. Naturally purified through standard means by the earth. You just need to keep pumping it out of the tunnels and remove dirt. Better yet, Canonically, unless you blew up the Vekimen Tunnels, you still have water pumps connected to it, because that was the first thing Zahen asked for. Water pumps to stop the tunnels from flooding, and Uso had it done. They didn't need water, because they had all the fresh water they needed. It would seem silly for 188-604 to have this water available, and not do anything with it.

I think we might be using the vek tunnels for mining actually. Don't take my word for it though, because IDK if I was around for that.

It would still produce fresh water. You would still need to pump the water from the ocean, which the tunnels go under, out of the tunnels unless you are all underwater mining, but that seems silly. This makes it ven better because A) You are mining from them and B) You are getting virtually ulimited water from them. Mining doesn't stop you from getting the water. It just means your miners have to watch for pipes.

Mineral water? Pump it through the mineral rich vek caves and sell it to yammies for Massive dough as a health drink.

Yep.
Warning
that's basically all Vekimen deficate at the end of the day. Vitamins, Minerals, sugars, salts, proteins. It's also sterile and tasteless. Some heartbreaker stuff with Corgan Skade and Edtoto sorta dive into the applications of Vekimen bodily fluids. Money? Realistically, probably. Very probably. Healthy for you, but kinda gross to think about. Then again, people eat bat shit, and coffee that ferrets shit out. People spend hilarious money on the latter!

10/10 money source.
Give vekimen food, receive product. Honestly though, it would probably be a better gardening supply. Vekimen are wholly too good for plantlife. All the digging and moving of dirt and stuff. Vekimen were gardeners before they were... well... What the site knows.

BAsed on what? The Vekime?! oh, and they crap in water delibeately. Seperates the dead bacteria and all the stuff you would want I suppose.

#Poopprofits

This reservoir is a glorified water tower, more for distribution and a sort of buffer reservoir. Using an array of pumps is incredibly expensive and inefficient, which is why modern cities have water towers.

Of course we need to get the water to the reservoir itself, which can be pumped from the vek tunnels as the actual supply. Once in the reservoir, pressure from gravity alone takes care of giving the city its water pressure as well as keeping the pipes themself sanitary.

There's also the part where Arx gets nervous when a city service gets named after her...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…