• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Are there Immigration Laws?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
So, as the topic suggests, my question is are there immigration laws for each country?

How long you do you have to live in a place to call yourself a citizen of that country?

Are there tests that you need to take (like in America)?

Is there a cost?

Are you required to have a job (some countries require immigrants to have a job or a spouse that is a citizen for a certain amount of time before they can change their nationality)?

What rights do Aliens (people living and working in a country that isn't their own) have in each country?

What rules or policies exist regarding emigration?

---------------
Note: This doesn't happen very often, and usually it is only characters in the miliatary that are transferring(since most of the site is military). This might be too technical or mundane to bother with, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Persons immigrating to Yamatai have to register to be citizens. Yamatai does not allow its citizens to have citizenships in other countries.

Since Yamatai doesn't allow dual citizenship Wes, how does that apply to children? Countries like Japan disallow dual citizenship except in the case of children, in which case they are allowed to maintain duality until they are 18. At 18 they must choose.

Are there no immigration laws in Nepleslia? I haven't heard anything about them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back