• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Arild sat down heavily in his chair. It had been a busy three days, getting the ship back into order after the chaos that Baker had left. However he'd managed it, with a lot of help from Robert, the AI, Koji, Tanjo, Oni and, grudgingly, Ephesus. He still hated the Elysian for his race, but he would have to agree (not audibly), that the scientist was useful. Together they'd managed to organise the ship, repair it, and even fit new weapon systems. So understandably Arild was tired. Never the less, he opened up a ship wide broad cast:

"This is your Captain speakin,

In precisely one hour we are going to enter Nepleslian space where we shall drop out from CDD, we shall then continue to the planet using the gravitic engine, before staying in a geostationary orbit above Funky City for a week, to allow the colonists to come aboard. I want you to all be on your best behaviour, these people will make up the majority of the population, so we want to give a good impression. Also remember these are Nepleslians, so be on your guard and keep aware. Taisha out."

Arild held his head in his hands, gently massaging his temples before opening up a second broad cast, this time to all the military police and security forces. The security forces now included almost all the infantry.

"This is your Captain again.

I want you all to be in hall three in twenty minutes. I want to speak to you myself before we arrive at Nepleslia. Taisha out."

Arild sat back in his chair and almost closed his eyes. It would be so tempting to simply fall asleep and leave the organisation of the colonists to someone else. He jerked himself back to reality. He had a job to do. He took his formal boots out and began to polish them. If there was one thing he hated it was disorder and uncleanness.

Exactly one hour later ...

The A.I. dropped the Destiny from CDD, the massive ship appearing in a brilliant flash of light. They had arrived in Nepleslian space. The A.I engaged the ships massive gravitic drive to the maximum safe level, and the Desiny began to move towards Nepleslia. Within three hours they would be there.

The Captain noticed the transfer, not by any physical effect on the ship, for there was none, but by a red sign popping up in mid air, flashing its message "We have arrived in Nepleslian space." Arild sighed and opened up a communication to his commanding officer Mizuho

"Shosa, we will soon arrive at Nepleslia. I will be overseeing operations from the bridge, as to have maximum surveillance. It would please me if you could join me there."

He then called for Robert "Robert. Is this fully organised?"

Robert came quickly and calmly into view "Yes sir, everything. Every shuttle will be assigned a docking bay in advanced, every colonist will be assigned a quarter, and will be told of it before they arrive. They will be led to the transports, and directed around by the Security and MP forces, who will also make sure that order is maintained. The AI has been given orders that if a riot is to come about, to seal that section, use a knock-out gas, and then send people to pick them up. There are other details, do you want me to go on?" Robert reeled of in a bored sounding voice.

"No that will be fine." Robert was highly efficient, but always a little impertinent, Arild thought. He strode to a hidden door at the back of the office, disguised as a window, which lead onto a private transport module. He was going down to the bridge, since he thought it would be best to get used to it before they arrived. He stepped in, the doors closing behind him, and the module quickly went to the access point of the Bridge. It was only this module that could in fact go there, and that only if his permission was given and his genetic code was present inside.

He stepped out of the module, and glanced around appraisingly. He liked this bridge, it suited him. He sat down in what he took to be the Captains chair and interfaced through his neck and lower spine access ports. He let out a mental gasp; the connection here was the best in the ship, his connection with the AI almost perfect. He looked around, using the sensor readouts as his eyes, seeing the stars, and even Nepleslia. It was a breathtaking sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back