Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Suggestion Artist role for Discord (at least)

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
While it is probably best for everyone involved to make forum accounts, it is possible and even likely people who are only involved by offering artist services to the community may not, but would still benefit from seeing the member discussions. Also, we want to be able to identify them easily as well. With the fallout from FA, this is more important than ever, considering the amount of commissions from there SA took.

I think discord users without a role should be able to fully see worldbuilding and faction channels (read only) without the need for any special role. It’s kind of weird they cannot. There’s nothing private in those channels so I don’t quite understand why they’re hidden in the first place. This would help retention and engagement not just for artists but also for passers-by who enter the discord and see a boring server with no RP or lore discussion.

Wes said to make a suggestion about this separate idea but I never did, because there’s no need to ask everyone for an anonymous vote on the matter. New member engagement shouldn’t have the chance of being held up by a vote.

I also support read only for certain member channels but id artists with a tag is still good

discord users without a role should be able to fully see worldbuilding and faction channels (read only) without the need for any special role. It’s kind of weird they cannot.
Specifically, the intent was to reduce access for ex-members who lurk on the server but don't participate in Star Army (except to sort of spy on us) because it's incredibly frustrating to post something, like a music piece, on a server with 200 members asking for feedback and the only person who responds is Yuuki. Also it hides the worldbuilding channel's frequent arguments, lol.

This thread is about the artist role, though, so I'm just going to focus on that and permissions suggestions can go in another thread.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back