• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Asagiri Yatsumi "Yasmine"

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Asagiri Yatsumi "Yasmine"

General Information

Species: NH-29 Nekovalkyrja.

Family/Creators: Ketsurui Zaibatsu.

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 1.7 meters (5 feet 6 inches).
Weight: 54.4 kilos (~120 pounds).
Bust: 81 cm (A cup)
Hips: 83 cm
Waist: 80 cm

Build and Skin Color: Slightly tanned skin, with a well-toned build.
Face and Eye Color: Somewhat narrow face. Dark blue eyes.
Hair color and Style: Flaxen, in a tight braid that touches just between her shoulder blades.

Distinguishing Features:
Yasmine has a very flashy grin on her face much of the time. When she transferred to the NH-29 android body, she asked for blond hair. Ketsurui Zaibatsu was unsure as to why Yasmine asked for it, as it was unpopular, but they gave it to her regardless. Her English name is all she responds to, as she hates her given name.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Oozes confidence. Enjoys causing damage, but not excessively so. She derives little pleasure from ranged weapons, even in a Mindy, preferring to use melee weapons. Reason given: "I want to see the death in the eyes of my opponent. You know, that split-second when the demons latch onto their soul."

Likes: Recreational exercise, thrown weapons. Nepleslian media.
Dislikes: Bitchy, moody people. Being cooped up in a starship without her own damn room.
Goals: To teach basic training or become a Ketsurui Samurai -- whichever comes first, and whichever has cooler weapons.

History

Something about the glint of metal always appealed to Yasmine. Bright sparkly things tended to catch her fancy anyway. She started as a Yamataian who looked up at the stars and continued to be that way once put into basic training. Instead of finding solace in art, literature and music, Yasmine exercised and traveled (not very far, of course). Sex was occasional but helpful. But when she learned about how to handle a knife in basic, she found another hobby. Something about the blade fascinated her. It was so ... intimate. She was pretty good with knives and swords, even in her NH-22C body. She quickly worked her NH-29 body into shape as well.

As much as she wanted to stay on the ground, SAPM finally found a spot for her on a ship. Yasmine was irked for but a moment. After all, she might get her own room.

Skills

Communication (+ telepathy): Yasmine is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. She is fluent in English and Yamatai. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. She also can speak telepathically.

Combat: Yasmine received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor. Especially knives.

Technology Operation: Yasmine is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, which is found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient enough in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Yasmine received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry. She has an unusual affinity toward "intuitive physics," as knife-throwing and swordsmanship have taught her.

Survival: Though not a suvivalist in the strict military sense, Yasmine learned much about the environment from a Geshrin bunkmate at basic. The Geshrin, a richie from some nice family, was kind enough to accompany her on long nature hikes in exchange for the occasional bit of whatever-got-him-off-that-wasn't-dirty. He taught her a few survival tricks as well.

Swordsmanship: In addition to her standard combat skills, Yasmine can wield several different types of swords with varying profiency, due mostly to downloaded programming and the occasional bit of fencing. She enjoys the balance of a rapier, but finds a schimitar unwieldly. During her off time, she also experimented with a hand-and-a-half sword temporarily constructed by the base's KAMI, which she enjoyed muchly. When she earns enough money, she wants to buy a naginata and a claymore.

Pop-culture (Knowledge): Yasmine freely admits enjoying the decadent scene of Nepleslia, despite never being within three light-years of the planet. Something about it speaks to her, and she indulges in reading and watching the happenings of its celebrities and mishaps. It is also how she came by her name, Yasmine, after a small-time actress she saw in a movie.

Telepathy is generally a given and the exact capabilities a neko has with them are explained in the ESP section of the CCG.

As for how neko bodies are obtained... for all the mainstream ones (especially if they are recommended), it seems to go this way : "Ask and ye shall recieve".

Overall, I felt it was a nice entry. She gives me the creeps, but it's a good character. Certainly motivated anyhow...

Remember, NH-29s have telepathy naturally. What they do with it is communicate, more or less.

As to getting a hold of an NH-29, NH-22Cs (Yamataians) have the option of upgrading for free, if desired. At least, that's the implication.

EDIT: Dammit Fred, too fast for me.

EDIT: Sword preferences changed to make sense (thanks Sekiko).

*wonders how Doshii can make the most interesting characters*

Nice bio, and I do wonder why I find your charcters the most interesting. Where might we see this one RP, 5th ex?

And was there a reference to another PC in that bio, or is that my immagination?

Scribbles said:
*wonders how Doshii can make the most interesting characters*

Other characters are interesting too ... but this, I guess, is what I do. I suck at tech, so I make up for it in character?

Scribbles said:
Where might we see this one RP, 5th ex?

No, that would be unfair in my book, as Yasmine's an enlisted and could theoretically respond to Yukari's orders. She has a place, methinks.

Scribbles said:
And was there a reference to another PC in that bio, or is that my immagination?

Your imagination. She's not connected to anyone. This is another one of my own personal rules; keeping my own characters separate. Wes makes it work for him in cool ways, as do the other GMs, but I prefer not to tempt myself. It should be noted that I wanted to with Yoko and Yosef, but I figured I should not.

;) Yes shes a fencer. Finding scimitars unwieldy is perfectly natural with your feet on the ground... primarily a cavalry weapon when they were first created. Stayed that way as they were so effective from horseback, though people did use them on foot somewhat less effectively.

But if she finds a scimitar unwieldy a claymore will be a rather nasty surprise. ^_^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back