Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Attack Kawaii

Jimmy

Lover of Purple
Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=us ... unapproved

This is an expansion of the original Weaponized Kawaii page, adding a new breed for public abuse and to further damage my reputation. If and when the subission page is given to go ahead it will be intergrated into the main Weaponized Kawaii page, and some slight edits of the original article may happen. Mostly headers and such.

The submission page will then be deleted, of course.

I really have to ask this question, does the site really need an Attack Kawaii. I don't see Emrys really taking the time to re-engineer the Kawaii for this. (My two cents worth.) So it raises the question of who is producing these?

Something that is 6 inches high by 6 wide and you want it to do as much damage as 45 cal pistols, 10mm pistols Seems way to high.

Recommend removing the Telepathy. If the owner is telepathic, they can already think to the Kawaii.

Oh boy, the Need question. Actually the whole idea of these kawaii's came about as one of my usual coarse jokes that got a little out of hand. I never actually expected to have anyone request I actually make them. I pounded a lot of pavement when this thing first started trying to make sure no one would mind if I turned a staple of the setting into a killer. Surprisingly no one dissented, although that may just be because no one actually took me seriously. -_-;

As for who's actually producing these in setting, it's actually a small bunch of illegal labs breeding either fake copies, or converting existing kawaii surgically. Basically a highly questionable operation, resembling other dens for illicit activity, if with a little more sciency bits.

The damage numbers were always transient, I just figured that advances in artificial muscle tech would make them very strong. Although this might just be an influence from the Yamataian downgrade of its Nekovalkrja. I'll tweak the numbers down later tonight.

The, um, “original” weaponised kawaii doesn't actually have any telepathy function. They're mostly sight/smell directed. This breed's a little different in that it's smart enough to give feedback to its owner if it can, otherwise it pretty much relies on the same cues as its cousins.

Alrighty, just found out my exam got cancelled today so I've done the edit a little earlier than I promised. Damage is now PDR1, should I drop the health down as well? Using PDR as health is a clumsy business for me.

Seeker - you say visual range. How does something this small keep up with the people. Its 6" by 6" its not going to move really fast.

Attack squigs for Yamatai, enough said. Having said that much, I'll say more.

Health is not in DR, it is in SP.

On the issue of smaller things moving faster than a human, you'd be surprised, assuming the animal is built for it, and these things are (as far as I can tell) genetically engineered to specifications.

I understand about small animals, have had plenty of cats that move devilishly fast.

Its the description than tends to lend itself to not being fast.

Tracking is not usually done by sight, that's usually trailing. Tracking is typically by scent, or a trail left by the pursuee

Sorry about the delay. Stuff happened.

Perhaps this is just a difference in terminology. When I used the word tracking I intended it to be like how a missile tracks its target. If there are any suggestions for better words to use I'm open for business.

From memory (so don't quote me on this) the original kawaii could build a fair clip of speed. We can also assume that these little buggers have been altered a bit for agility.

Lately I've been reminded of those black balls with teeth on chains from the old Mario games when I think of these. :-\

RPG-D RPGfix
Back