Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UOC Government Attack on Yuukan

Toshiro

Inactive Member
It pains me to inform you that on this day, Yuukan and its surrounding space was virtually eradicated of life by an unknown enemy. Our forces put up a good fight, but were simply overwhelmed. There is no enemy debris left, but visual records salvaged from our destroyed vessels and power armor indicate a massive attack, by an unknown entity, which killed civilian and Peacekeeper indiscriminately.

Rescue efforts re underway to locate and save survivors, but things do not look good.

Once they won, they left as quickly as they came. I am going to increase patrols and boost the status level of the fleet. I recommend that the borders stay closed.

Grand Peacekeeper Motoyoshi Saito

Tio brought the transmission from the Grand Peacekeeper up. "It appears we have a problem..." He sighed, a horrible loss of life. He said. "Prime Minister, what shall we do?"

"We'll have to try to recover. Any word on how many lives were lost?" Ayana frowned as she tried to think. "If we can, we'll need to start building up what resources we can- especially food, water and fuel since we've been hit hard. Any way we can redouble our efforts resource mining in our new systems? We'll also need to consider a build up across all of the systems that we can and try to equally distribute patrols around our borders....

But yes, we'll have to keep our borders closed for a little longer until we can stabilize our security..."

Mr. Iga swallowed hard, turning pale.

"I'll tell you what we need right now, damn it, and that's help! Help from anywhere! What if another strike happens in the next few days?"

Mamami, while fazed like all the others, was holding onto her mask of neutrality better then the others. She looked over to Mr. Iga and frowned at his unprofessional outburst.

"Mr. Iga," She stated calmly, "it would better serve the senate if you would calm down and act more rationally." She muttered.

"We have some help waiting in the wings, if you'd pardon the pun. The Lorath have a defensive fleet that could help us with our patrols and technology that we could integrate to fill in the gaps from our current losses. If we're seeking for some help, they are waiting to join us.

I think... it'll also be about time to talk to the Empress and Taisho Ketsurui to mend the fences. We can maintain our independance and still maintain civil relations with them.... despite their current words and efforts, we still need to move towards not further aggravating the situation and creating a very powerful enemy. But yes, I think it's time to vote on those two issues, it's a good a time as any," Ayana suggested with an imploring gesture.

The diminutive man shot a glare back at Mamami. His words were quick and sharp, but helped to shift his emotions from fear to irritation.

"Who says I'm not being rational? You know, that whole point I've been driving about us being halfway defenseless this entire time? Nice of you to pick up on that just now."

His feathers obviously ruffled, he pulled on the flaps of his suit and recomposed himself.

"Now. While I agree with the prime minister's opinion, I feel it's more important to address the immediate concern of security and figure out what we can do to make sure we have the time to initiate these diplomatic procedures with Yamatai."

Shinichi sat in shock for a few moments before he propped his elbows up on the table and covered his face with his hands. For a few moments the young senator sat there. "There were 5000 souls on Yuukan I." Shinichi said, his voice slightly qauking. "Another 2200 in the asteroid ring, and roughly 500 other researchers on Yuukan IV" Tears could be seen forming at the corners of the senators eyes through his fingers.

They're dead? Just like that? Shinichi raged internally. "I agree, we need allies. I don't want to see this again." Shinichi said as he wiped the tears out of his eyes before sitting upright again. It hurts enough seeing it just once. Shinichi thought solemnly.

((OOC: EDIT: I had the wrong numbers down for the asteroid belt and the research station. I readjusted the numbers to what they should be. Sorry for the error.))

"If they rolled over our early warning systems, and destroyed new ships like they were nothing what good will forcing permanent legislation for military aide that we're not sure can help do?" Ayumi sighed sadly, putting the report down in front of her.

"Can we let this happen again? No. Do we need to reestablish ties to the west? It's coming close to time, yes. This means we have to be careful about how we do it even more." The woman stopped, and rubbed her temples while staring at the report again. "When it's possible, we should go together to remember them. In fact, I must agree with miss Nosaka for the moment. Until we have more accurate information, and have had a bit to settle down I move for a brief recess."

"Mr.Deguchi, is it not true a automated subterranean mining facility was owned and operated by ahh..." Alexander quickly perused the data on the Yuukan System. He nodded at the information as he brought what he was looking for up.

"It is entirely possible at least some survivors may have made it into the facility via the elevator systems used to bring up raw minerals to be processed. It is a small hope sir, but entirely possible if it survived, and if someone or some people thought to flee there." He offered this small comfort before clearing his throat, and closing the information before him.

"To put it simply, military aide will be required, we are a new nation, small fragile, and just beginning. Our forces are just now becoming oriented and organized, and our shipyards continuously working to supply our need of necessary star ships. But...that takes time, resources and energy. Until then we may need to rely on the aide of others until we can fill those shoes effectively."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back