Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Axis] Axis Mechworks

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Red links...

Plus, the unapproved tag should be at the top of the page.

Pending

What will you be doing with this organization? Will it be another plot, or just focus on manufacturing mechs to market to military organizations? I worry somewhat because it looks a lot like HIGA which was... an issue back in the day.

Oh boy, you had to bring this up didn't you. We already had this discussion in the IRC.

And its like I said. It's a military equipment corporation. I'm going to be making STUFF to sell to PCs. I have no desire to make a plot, and I have no desire to run a plot, and I have no faith in my own abilities as a GM.

I've glanced over it, and I have a pretty good first impression of it.

The company seems like a good template to start building over with bits and pieces of equipment; which may start out, more than likely, as things Fiver wants his PC to use... but I've seen some people on IRC like ShotJon comment positively about Fiver's creation, so, catering to broader interests is possible.

I particularly like how it's starting as a small, recent business. That's good restraint, which quality submissions (or the lack thereof) will typically determine its growth.

I'm slightly concerned about an overlap with some of the stuff Origin does, which may in turn detract from the uniqueness of either... but it's just a mild concern at best. Five generally designs stuff for a very specific niche, after all.

This may not be a plot, but it has mention of payscale and uniform along with finance tracking. I think they're nice details, but if we're dealing with a purely NPC firm, I don't think the details (especially finance tracking) are really necessary.

I'm assuming this will be a civilian company, so, I'm expecting equipment of according pedigree. This may not equal NAM (this is in Nepleslia, correct?) but they can nail part of the civilian market for awhile like Geshrinari Yard does for Yamatai. If they make something awesome - or have proven themselves and want to design something military grade, Axis could always be subsidiary in those projects to NAM (like Geshrinari Yards has sometimes been for the Star Army).

I don't see anything holding this up, and I believe it's time which will allow this company to be better fleshed out beyond its humble beginnings - if Neplelsia's FM Kokuten is cool with it. for my part, I recommend approval.

Who's the target customer here? The military vehicle market is very saturated and to be successful they'll need to find someone to buy their products.

Interested civilian parties / Fiver's characters wanting to buy something they like via the medium of Fiver making it through his company?

Even though the market may be saturated, I don't see it as a valid impediment. After all, there's precedent from other people: for example, Doshii had Xenedine corporation cobbled up to create the fightercraft submissions he wanted.

Kyle, do you have anymore problems with the submission? I personally don't see any, but you got to it first so it's your show.

hmm... well I didn't have any until I read Freds post.

The prospect of this company being used to outfit the creators PC is a concern of mine. Now, I'm well aware we have players here who have companies of their own or assets that help their characters, but most of those people don't use those assets to outfit their characters and if they do, it's in limited numbers so as to not unbalance the gameplay.

With that said, this is where my concern resides: What is to stop you, Fiver, from creating a mech to be used by your PCs? A mech that may not even be ALLOWED in a GM's plot?

This is where my concern is, convince me that this isn't going to be the case.

Kyle said:
hmm... well I didn't have any until I read Freds post.

The prospect of this company being used to outfit the creators PC is a concern of mine. Now, I'm well aware we have players here who have companies of their own or assets that help their characters, but most of those people don't use those assets to outfit their characters and if they do, it's in limited numbers so as to not unbalance the gameplay.

With that said, this is where my concern resides: What is to stop you, Fiver, from creating a mech to be used by your PCs? A mech that may not even be ALLOWED in a GM's plot?

This is where my concern is, convince me that this isn't going to be the case.

Because my only active PC, currently, is on the Eucharis. And he won't be able to afford a mecha, nor would he want one.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. However, you haven't addressed Wes's question.

Wes said:
Who's the target customer here? The military vehicle market is very saturated and to be successful they'll need to find someone to buy their products.

Most of the customers will be civillian groups, not military forces. I may make military equipment as a subcontractor to NAM or Paragon, but not on my own, mostly.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ax ... cooled_jet
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=axis:fusion_rocket
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ax ... nation_jet

This is a general question, but is Five submitting these designs with the submission or separately?

I know its silly, but I thought it would be better to submit them separately, so he has more of a chance to work on them especially the supercooled jet. ^^;

Also, I am glad to have a little be more time as things start to wind a little bit down in college stuff.

phacon said:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=axis:fusion_rocket
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ax ... nation_jet

umm just a general question about whether Five is submitting these designs with the submission or separately?

I know its silly, but I thought they would be better to submit them seperately, so he has more of a chance to work on them especially the supercooled jet ^^;

Also glad to have a little be more time as things start to wind a little bit down in college stuff.

Do you see those links in my first post? Do You see those mentioned in the opening posts?

No.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back