Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Axis] Model 33 Electroshift Armor

First, you shouldn't really use a reference to an armor that is still in development, as it is possible that it will not work in real applications.

Second, this is an ablative armor, as such, you need to include this kind of reference
| Value | Modifier |
| Standard | 0.# x Base Structural Points |
| Spd Bonus | -0.## c |

Third, you need to remove the DR reductions, as that violates the DR rules, but because this is an ablative armor and treated as shields for game mechanics, the mitigation factor will be consistent, and determined by the class of the vehicle installed on.

Alright.

This is retarded.

White Wolf? They can do reduction of damage

D20 Systems? So can they.

Fatal: Yep.

Us? Oh no, we're too pants on head retarded that we can't even do that. What the hell is this, the 70's? I'm tired of this clunky, stupid, DR system, and I'm going to fix it my self.

Nashoba said:
Second, this is an ablative armor, as such, you need to include this kind of reference
| Value | Modifier |
| Spd Bonus | -0.## c |

Well how about i reference Chainmail, which was good against slashing but shitty against piercing? Or how about Explosive Reactive Armor versus Composite Armor, both of which are good at certain things? Or are those things not realistic enough for SARP?

Secondly, I don't think a simple applicable upgrade to armor materials counts as a whole new starship material.

You're upgrade makes this a reactive armor, therefore it is ablative.

Our Ablative armors for game mechanics work as Shields, and for the record you can not have an ablative armor and a shield system on the same vehicle, unless they are mutually exclusive. Eg: The armor only works on physical attacks and the shields work on energy.

We are not D20 or White wolf. We are not a table top roleplay. complaints about the DR system do not belong in this

As for not liking the DR system. Irrelevant the DR system is our current system and how armor, shields and weapons are based.

You can not change that system by submitting tech. Continue with the attitude, and this submission will be rejected.

Don't shields and armor already basically function as damage reduction for the ship's hull? It seems like the system doesn't really need to be changed. I'm mostly a pen and paper roleplayer myself and I haven't taken any issues with the SARP's combat mechanics.

Exactly, shields and ablative or reactive armors mitigate damage.

Armor itself is used to determine the amount of SP a vehicle has.

Nashoba said:
| Value | Modifier |
| Spd Bonus | -0.## c |

I still argue that the DR mechanics are stupid, but I did what you asked anyway.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back