Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Axis] Standard Cockpit

Reminds me of Evangelion. Not that it's a bad thing, necessarily. I have to wonder the same thing as when I saw Eva though -- do they have to cough up all that fluid out of their chest when the mission is over, and do they risk infection if they don't...or drowning when that fluid is leeched of oxygen?

Okay, two questions.

How are the pilots going to communicate? Liquid breathing would inhibit the vocal cords. Typing would be too slow.

Why flood the entire cockpit? That means any particulates that the pilot has on their body, clothes whatever, will be floating in the fluid and could make its way into the lungs?

The Vandr control system says
To connect with the machine, one must connect the plugs to their entry ports.... which they will be able to control as extensions of their own bodies.

Which means they use the comm system as part of themselves.

I'm just asking if this system is going to do the same.

And at least from the description of the Raevr VANDR, the Immerision system is not immersing the pilot in liquid, but rather into the system.

Just make sure to get a suit created for this; otherwise I have no concerns.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back