Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Ayenee Ayenee: Hormone money

Zack

Inactive Member
ON

An Emrys Industries owned shuttle came down to land in Ayenee Capitol City, after its trip through the trans-universal gate. It set down easily, and the back doors opened with a slight sigh, and some people turned to see the shuttle, not really interested. Out of the door stepped a rather tall man in a dark business suit, carrying two suitcases. His face was charming, yet cold, with a small goatee and a light, almost mocking grin. He touched a electronic device that connected his ear and mouth "Alright, I've got enough supply me for a bit. Close up and wait for me." The shuttle doors closed, and the man began to walk to a place he could sell his wares.

A few of the older, and wiser, pedestrians started to make their way away from the darkly dressed man. Those who had survived long enough in this city knew that people dressed like that often came before the explosions and gunfire. For the most part people went about on their way, generally ignoring the freshly landed person. Further away, the small shuttle had been picked up on sensors by the massive power station built and operated by the QIS. The small control room where the organic workers of the IS carried out their duties had a small flurry of activity as personnel worked to identify the make and model of the shuttle craft as well as its landing location. They didn't need to be told once to relay the information to the proper places and dispatch an unmarked, white, van to drop by and have a look. Its arrival would take some time, but a shuttle of that size was hardly considered a major threat. As the Emrys agent walked through the city he got to see a little bit of everything ACC had to offer. On one street corner was a kid who was dressed in high tech, modern looking clothing with a stylish PDA to match and standing next to him was a man in full leather armor with a large sword across his back. In this location he could see the large towers of the center of the city off in the distance and the thatched roof cottages in the other. This place had a slight mix of both, three story buildings made of glass and concrete were side by side with wooden Inns and bars.

The man wasn't phased by this, and found a likely section of road, and began to talk to passers by "Have you ever experienced a drug like nothing you can imagine? Powerful, beautiful, and yet not addictive? Take is all you like and there are next to no negative side effects. It can take you to heights of pleasure you can't even imagine, it can make you feel unstoppable, like a god! And only for a 10 or 20 credits. What do you say?" His voice was charming, almost motivating.

Other men in business suits simply walked right past him, ignoring him entirely while small children were brought in by the allure of being a god, only to have their small bodies yanked away by mothers who told them, "don't to talk with the strange man," It was only a few minutes of talking before he attracted his first prospective customer. "What is this stuff?" The man asked, his arms were decorated with tribal band tattoos and his body was clothed jeans and a white tank top. The handle of an oversized revolver was sticking just slightly out of his right pocket, the weight of the weapon making his pants slide down every now and then requiring his hands to pull them up to a more proper level. "Some new blend of ICE?" He asked.

"Nope. It's nothing you've ever seen. It's not even from this universe. This my good sir, is Emrys Industries Pheromone Drugs. And for just 20 credits you can feel like a God. Seriously, it is like nothing you have ever felt, just take this, and inject it into your arm by pressing the rounded end, it won't even leave a mark. The effects should start almost instantly." The man quickly opened up his case and drew out one of the 1 1/2 inch long canisters, holding it out, "And for only 20 credits."

The man fumbled around inside his left pocket for some money and put it on the table, "Before I fork over my money, how do I know this stuff won't hurt me? Can't I get a demonstration?" He asked. By now a small crowd of 3-4 people had come up around him to look at his wares.

"I'm on it's related drug Prime, right now, but I suppose that won't matter. Emrys Industries has tested it extensively as well, but what would make you trust me eh? Alright ladies and gentlemen, this man here is just a little too scared to try out this drug, scared that it will hurt him. Who is going to be the bigger man, and try it out?" He said, his calm and smooth manner carrying well.

"Hmmpf!" He grunted disapprovingly, "Do you know which gang I'm with! We aren't afraid of anything! Give me a canister to try out then we'll see how many I'll buy." An unmarked white van parked a few blocks away, a single human male stepping out and firing a slingshot up into the air. The small pellet expanded in size and started to rotate, hovering above the buildings silently, and blending into the sky while it relayed a video feed back to the van.

"I think that's acceptable." The man handed him the canister. He didn't care what gang this man was, he only cared that the drug got a good reception. He wasn't exactly scared by him either.

The man opened the canister and looked inside, after seeing the consistency of the substance he looked at the man who just handed it to him, "Is this inhaled? or injected?" he asked.

"You drink it, or inject it. Although now you've opened it I suggest drinking. It will simply be absorbed inside your mouth and in your throat. It's tasteless by the way." He told the crowd. This guy must be an idiot, he'd already told him that he could inject it.

The man held it up to his mouth and drunk it down to see the effects. The others in the crowd started watching him to see his reactions.

Almost immediately the drug went to work. It created a boost in adrenalin and testosterone levels as well as bumping up his heart beat, respiration and metabolism. It went to work in his brain, deadening his pain centers and making him feel brilliant, like he was unstoppable. It was a huge power rush, and greatly increased his apparent strength, while making him more open to base desires. Although not to a huge degree.

"Hehehe..." He said as the feelings coursed through his body, "I'll take five," He said, taking out 100 credits from his pocket and placing it on the table.

"Alright, although I should warn you, an overdose isn't good for you." He took the 100 credits, and handed over five canisters.

The man pocketed the canisters and walked off, while other people placed orders for the drugs. He soon had a small following of people coming to try out the 'new stuff on the streets'.

The man managed to get across that Rage wasn't their only drug, "There is also Bliss, which will give you pleasure you can't imagine. Only 15 credits." As he was swamped with orders and handed out canisters appropriately.

A small group of men, five strong and all armed with some sort of firearm attached to a pistol holster at their hip, pushed their way through the crowd until they were up to the man, "What do you think your doing?" The lead man asked. They were all dressed the same, black jeans and t-shirts with silver chains hanging from various places. The anger in the man's voice made a few of the customers back off and others leave entirely.

"Selling. You?" The man answered, closing his suit cases. "I could ask who you are, and I think I will." He fingered his own shielding device, bought from NovaCorp, and his pistol, underneath his suit.

"Your taking away our business," He said, "Give us the money you've made from selling here and leave," The four men behind him fanned out in a semi-circular pattern around where the 'business man' stood.

"Very funny." The man didn't really feel like it, he wasn't intimidated in his own universe, so people from another universe shouldn't be a problem. "I didn't know you where comedians."

"I won't ask you again," The man said, his hand resting on the pistol at his side as the other men prepared to withdraw their weapons.

"Then don't." Emrys never sent mere salesmen to do their work, especially in another universe. This man was quite capable of looking after himself, especially with the Shield device tuck under his shirt.

The man in front withdrew his weapon, as did the others, as the small group of people that were crowded around backed away rather quickly. Within moments they had opened fire, shooting off a variety of rounds from frangible, to AP rounds, to small plasma spheres, at the businessman.

The man's shield took a beating, but they would keep up for a little while yet. He quickly drew out his pistol, and fired 8 plasma shots, one at each of men's knees. His normally great accuracy was aided by the Prime in his system, giving him impeccable shooting.

The pain didn't even register for the men as they fell to the ground while still shooting at him. The heat cauterized their legs and the drugs in their system prevented the feeling of pain as well. All of them were able to get off their entire clips of ammo from each weapon in this frame of time, only enraged more by the damage tot heir legs.

"Damn." The man said, as he could feel his shield begin to fail. He knew he should have gone easy on them. Ducking behind a trash can to buy him a few seconds more time, he leveled his pistol at the four probe bodies and firing four shots with the same level of accuracy, one at each of their heads, "If their that high only a head shot will keep them down." He thought.

Against all but the frangible the trashcan provided virtually no protection as the Ap rounds and plasma spheres simply burnt through or passed through with little or no deflection. In the space of time it took him to aim four shots each of them had empties another clip at him. With four bodies now on the ground the firing stopped.

The shield managed to keep up for another few seconds before spluttering into no existence. The man swore. Bad start. Another second and he'd have had to rely upon his body armor, not a comfortable situation. He reminded himself to buy more veils. His briefcases where miraculously unharmed, as he walked over to the bodies "Who started that?" He asked the crowd.

The crowd decided not to stick around and was in the process of leaving the area as the last man of the five took aim from point blank range after playing dead and began unloading his clip of AP rounds into the man. There was no screaming from the people who were fleeting the area, only fast running.

The shots luckily hit the man in his back, where his heavy body armor was, but since they where AP, they still went through and wounded him badly. He was thrown forward against a wall by this, by due to the Prime in his body he managed to level a barrage of shots at the last man. He communicated through his head piece "Could be better, been shot. Assistance needed."

The pilot of the Jilanth picked up the message and was soon their. The back hatch opened, and a man equipped in a Dusk 1a suit quickly scaled down the rope and easily picked the man up. He quickly climbed up the rope again and deposited him, before scaling down again and smashing the remaining man hard, just in case he was still alive, effectively putting his hand through his chest. He searched the bodies for signs of their identity and so forth.

All of the men were dead from either headshots or repeated shots to the neck and torso. None of them had Identification cards on them, legal ones anyways, but their wallets contained over 1000 credits between them. Searching their bodies also exposed several clips of ammo and various pistols. It only took a few minutes before pedestrians were once again walking through the area, the braver ones anyways, either uncaring or amused by the dead bodies.

Meanwhile up in the Jilanth the fourth man took care of the salesman's heavy injuries. "Damn boy, you've got yourself in some serious trouble." He began to help as best he could, but there wasn't a huge amount they could do. "Pilot, look for someone who can heal this, open hailing."

Meanwhile on the ground the Dusk 1a had gathered all the belongings in a sack, collected the suit cases, and scaled up the rope. It was a bugger that this happened, they'd need better armed agents.

"This is ACC hospital for the third district, what is the nature of your medical emergency?" Came the response over the hailing frequency.

"Multiple bullet wounds."

"Where are you?" The person on the line asked. The mechanical sounds from the device the other person as using made it impossible to tell if the voice was male of female.

"Above," The pilot looked for some form of distinguishing feature, "Something. We're in a shuttle, tell us your location and we'll come to you."

"We are at the northern most corner of the third district, on 27th street and main. We'll clear a landing spot for you on the roof," The person on the other end said.

"Thank you. We're coming." The shuttle doors immediately closed that the gravitic drive kicked into go, and going at the maximum safe speed, they where soon over the hospital, and set down on the roof.

The building had slanted concrete sides and small window slits, looking more like an oversized bunker than a traditional hospital. The top of the 6th floor was the roof and they already had two orderlies with a stretcher and two nurses waiting for them as they approached. There was another landing pad nearby with a chopper ,painted red and white with the hospital's logo in blue, was just then taking off.

The shuttle set down and the hatch opened. The man in the Dawn 1a suit came out carrying the salesman in his arms. He looked for a doctor of some sort.

The orderlies ran over and sat down the stretcher, trying to take the patient and lay him down on the stretcher face up. The nurses also ran over to examine the man. From a quick look they changed the orderlies instructions, "Lay him face down instead." One said.

The man in the suit silently laid him on his back.

The orderlies strapped the man down then picked up the stretcher, one on either end, as the nurses begin a preliminary examination. The group of five hurried off to the emergency elevator to get the man down to where he could be patched up. "This man will be kept in room 504," The person on the communication system chimed in, "I'd like to ask you to move your shuttle now so that this area is kept clear."

The man in the suit nodded and signaled for the shuttle to move through his radio "I'll call you if I need you." He moved to follow them, he was now acting as his bodyguard.

Everyone here was dressed in the same white scrubs and masks, with little ID tags on their chest to describe just what they were. Once the examination was complete they rushed the man into the IC unit to begin repairing his organs and skeletal structure. "You'll have to wait outside," One of the orderlies told the suit equipped man as they took the injured person into the IC room. "That's a clean room, your not allowed inside."

"This is a Environmental suit, nothing gets in or out. However if you wish I will stay outside." The man communicated through a radio system, and stood patiently outside the door. He was under the effect of Calm.

The orderlies stayed where he was, preventing access, while inside a doctor was busy re-growing his internal organs and stitching them together while removing chunks of fractured bone.

Then man inside was quite surprised that they hadn't anesthetized him. The effect of Prime had kept him conscious, but only lessened pain a little, and this procedure was agonizing.

A blood test had shown he already had drugs in his system so they didn't know how theirs would interact. They also didn't want to lower his blood pressure anymore as he already lost a lot of blood. Over the course of twenty minutes all of his internal organs were repaired so they didn't leak and would heal normally. This left only the complicated process of removing the damaged bone and replacing it.

The man wished he could shut down his mind, succumbed to unconsciousness, trauma, something, but part of his mind was sickly interested in this, the feeling of bones being taken out and being put in.

The injured man was lucky enough to not have had his spine hurt, only ribs. The doctors were able to remove the damaged parts of his ribs and replace them with a substitute material that would allow his bones to regrow over them properly.

The man outside the door occasionally glanced in to see how things where going. He didn't entirely trust these doctors, this being a foreign universe and all. However as long as they seemed to be helping his friend, he wouldn't do anything.

Ten minutes past and they were still working on him, then another ten, and then another. Before the end of the hour he was discharged to a recovery room, room 504, where he could rest.

The man in the Dawn suit followed him, and stood silently by him, waiting for him to recover. The business man had managed to get to sleep at last.

They placed a bill for his care on the bed. Luckily it was small because of the government subsidized healthcare. The money they had pulled off those gangsters would more than cover it.

The man in the suit withdrew some money from the inside of one of his pouches around his belt, and placed it by the side, along with a tip. He would wait for the business man to go before leaving, he did look at the medical equipment around, noting any of it that was above Emrys' technological standard and taking notes on them with a note book and pen. If there was any really interesting equipment he would purchase it.

The medical technology used here was a bit of the modern and a bit of the high tech, along with various runic instruments that he was unable to recognize. The highest tech devices weren't kept in the recovery rooms however.

The man sighed, not disappointed. He couldn't be on Calm, and returned to the bedside. He estimated that he wouldn't regain consciousness for a few hours. Instead he went to look for a computer console.

There was a TV in the room, but that was it. Downstairs was a small lunch area which had public terminals for use at the cost of 1.20 credits an hour.

The man in the suit decided that he did not want to leave the business man alone. The drug dealers might have had friends, and those friends might be after them. He sat down, and waited, switching on TV and watching the news, trying to get to know this new world better.

He managed to get the tail end of the story about their current escapades, the five murders in the street. The coverage then turned to reporters covering the police blockade around a building belonging to a company that manufactures anti-gravity components for starships. It was nothing that was to special, just a repeat of the events that led up to now and the continuing lack of the police telling them anything.

"We made the news." He tried to tell his companion, but couldn't since there weren't any vocal parts of the suit, and the speaker connecting to the radio broadcast system had been left on the Jilanth. "Interesting situation," He thought, "But I think there's a little too much excitement for one day."

The news continued, talking about the search for a bank robber inside of ACC.

The man watched interested, and would keep that way for until the salesman awoke.

The news just went on and on like this until the salesman awoke.

The Salesman woke up slowly from his stupor and his first word was in fact a scream, after he finished he cried out "Bloody hell that hurt! Kill the bastards, slice them open and remove major organs! Make sure a vulture wouldn't touch what is left of their carcass!" This continued for a while.

"Um, is everything alright in here?" a passing nurse asked, stepping into the room for a moment.

"He's just a little angry" The man in the suit said. After the businessman began to loose steam the man in the suit interrupted calmly "They're all dead, you killed them and are in hospital. You really shouldn't have gotten into that fight. Come, let's get out of here." He picked the man up and walked out, calling on the Jilanth to meet them on the roof.

The told him that he couldn't land on the roof, because that was reserved for emergencies.

"Alright, meet me outside then. Cover us." He began to walk to the exit of the hospital, with the business man in his arms. The Jilanth hovered around ready to pick off any targets with its HEX weapons.

The only targets were cars passing by, hardly prime threats.

They managed to get outside upempeeded, and into the Jilanth that set itself down. "So what now? Asked the pilot."

"Now we find somewhere to stay. Where can we find for a couple of thousand credits? Check the networks." The pilot did as he was told.

While hotels and apartments were fairly spaced out around the central parts of ACC, there were plenty near the outskirts with prices rising as one moved further inward. It wasn't hard to find a small place for the right price inside of the city with the use of the information networks.

"Can you check out property prices? Somewhere reasonably spacious. See if we can buy it. This can be Emrys' first acquisition. How is Andre doing by the way?"

"We don't know, we've lost contact for the moment." The pilot checked on property.

Hotel's generally ran upwards of millions of Ayenee Credits but apartments and floors of skyscrapers were much more reasonably priced, often running in the thousands mark.

"Right, a reasonably large house, large enough to put the Jilanth outback, and enough rooms for Emrys to have a foot hold. Give me options and prices people."

Reports came in slowly as they manually looked up the relevant information. There was several buildings downtown that were up for sale, although they required renovation, as well as lots of territory outside of the city which could be bought and developed. The skyscrapers started out with a 10 story building that cost upwards of 4million Ayenee Credits all the way to a 100 story building that cost nearly 30million.

"I'm thinking a larger property outside the city, and a small one inside. Alright. Select the most reasonable large one outside, doesn't matter if it needs renovating, and any small building inside. Seru has allowed has given us quite a budget to work with here."

The small one inside came in the form of the small 4 story building downtown for four million credits while they could get space outside the city for merely hundreds of credits an acre if they wanted to build the facility themselves. There was an abandoned RnD facility near the outskirts of town which ran for the price of only a few thousand credits but was very worn down. The old PNUgen facilities 2 and 3 were still around if they wanted to try and acquire those.

"Right. Let's go for a bit of fun. Buy twenty acres of land outside, and the small 4 story building downtown. However check around and make sure the offers are authentic."

It didn't take them long to find that the offers came through the owning companies and the city government, the most authentic that it could get.

"Alright, transfer the money, and lets check out our new out of city property."

The entire transaction for both properties took less than ten minutes as they had all the money ready. The city sped through the paper work and soon they had their territory paid for and the electronic documentation in their memory banks.

"Good, that's over with. We'll set down on are acres of land and start bringing in construction teams. Engage." The shuttle went off in the direction of the land they had bought.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back