• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Azoreans] Cerceis Multicorporate

SentientRace

Inactive Member
Cerceis MCorp.

I realize this submission needs Fay to give the okay and whatever other changes he might want to bring up, so I'll just leave this here until he can communicate with me and we can talk about details and whatnot, as well as get some starting feedback from setting mods.

In the meantime, here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Well it is certainly fleshed out. Have you tried to get into contact with Fay as of late regarding this, SR?

With Fay semi-back I going to try to ping him today about this to check it out.

Well, I sometime hard because Fay, SR, and I have different hours/time zones we work. I am going to try to be on most of today and especially this even a 8:00 pm

If Fay is cool with this submission then he can PM one of us mods or post here as well to give his consent just to make it official.

I'm sorry for not getting to this sooner, but I've been having internet difficulties lately. Anyways, this article looks fantastic to me. The only issue is SR is gone for now, and I do not know where he wanted to take this company.

If Soresu has no issues with it, I give my blessing for its approval, but I'd rather not GM something that SR worked so hard to make. Hopefully, he will come back to us soon.

AND FROM THE SHADOWS I RETURNED! D:

Yeah. I mostly made this company to be able to have an Azorean manufacturer under which to build weapons, transports, spaceship components, rill ripoffs and all that other fun stuff. Since the Azoreans didn't really have a company which designed all these things I figured I'd fill that hole up with Cerceis MCorp.

I made some grammar edits.

I think the main thing keeping this from being approved is that it lists unlinked, unapproved products.

Wes,

I am going to throw my hat in and see what I can do to help out.

I am going out on a limb and going to guess that what SR meant by products wasn't actually any ground breaking or plot changing technology but basic tools and examples to better explain what the corporation does. In fact, most of these things are just YE 33 version of minor plot devices in the past. For example Xanthe is just an improvement on bouys the Nimiss used. The only major improvement is Xanthe is for looking at stars really well. Its not a defense sensor array.

Code:
 https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=azoreans:nimiss&s[]=bouy

However at the same time though, I do get that you saying that each one of those products should be evaluated and approved perhaps on wikipage separate from the corporation page. I didn't think about this when I reviewed SR corporation the first time, so this is probably my bad for not realizing this sooner.

So I'll ask SR today, to move those over to separate wikipages. If he doesn't know how, then I will do it.
Questions:
  • Setting and Tech Mods, would that be ok with you all? Do you guys mind if SR submit them together with this submission like Uso did for C3 stuff? Or should he submit them separately?
  • Second, do any of these require pictures to be approved. I mean I know the Xanthe does by default of being a spaceship. So does the Calypzo by default of being a vehicles. But anything else?(*)

(*)The reason I ask is because I have a lot on my plate right now just like you guys and so does SR. I would like to do pictures for them all. However I know doing that in a weeks time from now is not realistic especially since I am current work on sketches for Gar/Azo. plots, etc. Plus I noticed that Wes updated the submission rules recently and I have not read everything carefully.

-----
Edit: Corrected a mistake I made about Azorean history. I added a link about the Nimiss to show where this is documented.
Edit5: Thanks Moonman for answering the question about DR rating for vehicles that will NEVER be used by the military ^^; .
Edit6: Also I later learned that the Xanthe was not a defense sensor array so I added it, so people understand why it doesn't have/need an DR rating.

Well, Wes, the only reason I put up products without articles for them is because it's been done for other companies.

Examples

AwesomeCorp

Northern Manufacturing Corporation

The only reason I put those products up in the first place was simply to have a bit of a product history and have some examples of what the company produces under which divisions to help people that would write product articles down to have an idea of what to do. If you want I'll delete the entire products section and start it from scratch by making articles, but I just think these products are very insignificant (generally irrelevant for plots) and domestic to the point that there is very little reason to making an entire article for each one other than perhaps having a clear view of how they look like.

Well I am ok with how the article is now too since this also gives me more time to make pictures for tech that SR had on the page previously.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…