• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission B7R-604 System

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=system:b7r604
Submission Faction(s)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I have some free time / energy and I feel like cleaning up some of the USO pages. We've got a lot of good content but it isn't always in the right format since I'd rather be RPing than doing all the paperwork.

But I feel like paperwork now.

So I'm doing that.

Nothing really new here, just creating a system article to go with the combined planet/system article that I already have for the system.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Similar to the Delsauria article, the other planets in the star system are 'uninteresting'. There are no military bases, space-squids, ancient civilizations, or life forms out there. It is just the normal collection of large-rocks you'd expect to see in a star system. If players want to explore or build on that later I'd expect them to start fleshing out the terrain then, but ultimately, B7R604 is the only planet that has RP going on and is the only one that is expected to be used in RP for the foreseeable future.

YE 39 is the correct year. The planet has appeared a few times in RPso far.

Changed cities to Key Locations

Changed History to System history. Not a whole lot to change or add here though but I did add a bit about YE 40.

Desauria doesn't have a claim date at the top, but I went ahead and added one for the USO anyways.

---

When the System article is approved, I think the planet-article is going to be cut down to 'just look at the system article' and a link.

@Legix
The reason Delsauria doesn't is due to the fact it's an ancestral region that has always been owned by Nepleslia; see its history of ancient Nepleslians fighting Delsaurians. But in particular, anytime a system has a pre-existing non-controlled group, there are generally claimed dates added to articles to reflect a shift or establishment of factional ownership. Just as an FYI; this isn't me saying you did poorly but to provide context for the claim date usage in this system and the lack of it in Delsauria.

You also seemed to have either misunderstood or don't quite get the point I made when it came to the system's other celestial bodies; it doesn't matter if they're boring rocks floating in space; they're still supposed to be listed. Delsauria makes mentions of its moon count and other celestial bodies in-system for this reason, as do most/all systems with a single world thing. If they're not added here, then they're not going to be plugged in later; it takes no effort to list off X-amount of other bodies in passing with small snippets so people understand they exist and might want to run wild with them later on.

And as Frost is saying; if there's something like some giant operation or infrastructure in place, that needs a section added as either System Assets or a blurb within the system description. Once that's cleared up and the system information is done, then it'll be passable.

I added back in the 'other planets' part of the original article and paired down the information to just the snippits. Desauria doesn't seem to need this but w/e.

I added back in the 'other planets' part of the original article and paired down the information to just the snippits. Desauria doesn't seem to need this but w/e.
The Delsauria system is named after the only inhabitable planet within the small cluster of planetary bodies, Delsauria. All of the other planets in the Delsauria system travel too close to the systems sun, Edasaur, for safe colonization.
It has it; please stop whining about the requested changes as I'm not asking anything without precedent for it. Still waiting for confirmation about the state of system assets and once I know what's going on there, I'll give the final checklist and knock this out.

Alright; so you've not listed any sort of resource operation, so I'm assuming there isn't one and proceeding with approval. If you wish to add it later, please provide backing RP and an updated version of the page. If you choose not to do this, then do not be surprised if you have trouble in the future for not going through proper channels or listing such things properly here in initial approval.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Due to the reasons mentioned here, I'd like to request that @Zack (or anyone else, for that matter) be allowed to make the following minor edit to the article - as in its current state it violates the Faction Rights of the Elysian Celestial Empire by misrepresenting the faction against the wishes of its Faction Manager, @META_mahn:
  • System History
    • The first sentence would read as "Modern history for the planet doesn't start until YE 10 when colonists from Nepleslia came to found a settlement" instead of "The star system B7R-604 was originally charted by Elysians long ago, though modern history for the planet doesn't start until YE 10 when colonists from Nepleslia came to found a settlement."

Hey, I don't think the Elysians really had any space capabilities to speak of in YE 10. Is there a way we can edit the history to change this?

I removed the part about being found by elysians at some nebulous point in time, and will just leave the point in time in which they found it nebulous.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back