Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Backstage Topics?

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
I've been thinking of something to keep things interesting on the OOC/Cluster Flux Forum. Backstage/Director's Commentary Topics.

If you think of the Goban, Yugumo, Sakura and whatnot as movies, there's a backstage, isn't there? A bit of director's commentary, actor commentary and outtakes and such. It's for humour purposes.

For example, your character could chronicle:
"Yeah, you can see that I left my mug just over there, see?"
"I've no clue how my shirt fell to pieces when I did that, but it did, so we just played along with it."
"This took 3 takes before I could stop tripping over my bootlaces!"
"Oh, those Mishhu really know how to shriek, I heard them practice before we took this scene."

It could also be a place for self reflection, characters wondering about characters.
So it's like the OOC thread, but with the characters, not the players.

Whaddaya say?

I like the idea of leaving a record of extra notes and info for each post, like the extra track on some newer DVDs.

Now that you mention it, I might find this idea amusing, especially with the 'picturesque' scenes for the Sakura.

Then there are the scenes in the other, moodier, people talking and negotiating and not resorting to violence or maverick tactic plots, where they'll be backstabbing eachother till the end of time.

And best of all are the 'Action Movie' Plots (ISC Osiris, YSS Goban, NSS Alliance), where most of the time, people will be commenting on how they dodged that bullet or blew that robot's circuits out using a rock.

Honestly, I don't hate anyone in SARP enough to share the NSS Alliance 'backstage' talk.

I've had my eyes bleed on too many occasions to count, and I've face-palmed myself so much I'm surprised I still have feeling in my nose.

Moonman said:
Honestly, I don't hate anyone in SARP enough to share the NSS Alliance 'backstage' talk.

I've had my eyes bleed on too many occasions to count, and I've face-palmed myself so much I'm surprised I still have feeling in my nose.
OVER NINE THOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND!

I just made the first Backstage topic as a test in the Goban forum. Rules for 'backstaging' were included too.

And no, nothing said there is canonical.

Le Blue Dude said:

That would be SOOOOOO Ebil!
Both of us are kinda pissed off that she didn't send a certified team to go deep behind enemy lines instead of sending us.

Besides, it's not canonical, we won't go through with it... will we?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back