• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP Battlegroup Warden: Green light

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
RP Date
YE 46.5
RP Location
Starbase Hayes, Nepleslia
The starbase was a hive of activity, with administrative clerks and officers running to and fro. Even with all the commotion, the NSN personnel moved with efficiency. There were no traffic jams or bumping in the halls; it was all business. One officer slipped into the stream of people, moving through the 1st Assault Fleet's headquarters and to the heart of the station. One does not keep a Grand Admiral waiting...

As the officer arrived in the foyer, he removed his cap to run a hand through his messy crimson hair. The ensign sitting behind the desk saluted as the man approached. "You are right on time, Captain Valentine. Let me inform the Grand Admiral of your arrival. One moment, please." She said, turning to her desk and tapping away at her console. Valentine took the opportunity to smooth out his uniform and give himself a once over. There wasn't a wrinkle or crease on the 6'3" man's frame. With that settled, he returned to the ensign, who stood again and moved to the doors. "He will see you now." She said, motioning for the Captain to enter.

Valentine strode into the ornate office and offered a salute. "Captain Wayne Valentine, reporting as ordered, sir!" He said, his baritone voice echoing off the walls of the quiet space.

The Grand Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet, Barret Valke, gave Valentine a once over, giving a slight nod of approval. "At ease, Captain. Please take a seat."

"Aye, sir." Valentine replied, moving to one of the chairs in front of Valke's desk and taking a seat.

Valke also took a seat at his desk. "I'm sure you have plenty of questions. I would if I were in your shoes. I'll cut to the chase: you are being promoted to Rear Admiral, effective immediately. Congratulations. And to answer the next question, no, that isn't the only reason you were called to my officer." Tapping the console on his desk made the screen behind Valke's head change to one of the Kikyo sector. It soon changed to that of the newly discovered Kosuke sector. "As you are well aware, the discovery of the Kouske sector has kickstarted a land grab of galactic proportions. The Sky Marshal will not have Nepleslia sitting on the sidelines while the maps get redrawn, and neither will I. We have the green light for Operation CAGE: Capture, Assess, Guard, and Expand. The NSN and the NSMC are deploying elements for Operation CAGE, and you just got picked as the tip of the spear. You will command the new Battlegroup Warden and secure us a foothold in the Kosuke sector." The Grand Admiral explained. Sliding a data jockey to Valentine, he added. "These are your Captains. You will also be transporting a division of Marines, 2 Ironclass Shipyards, 10 Rook Defense Platforms, and some NAM and IPG personnel."

Valentine read over the information before nodding. "Understood, Sir. We will get it done. What's the first target?"

Valke smirked. "Not even fazed. I knew I made the right choice when I picked you. Your first target is this star system." With another tap, the screen zoomed in on a trinary star system. "Offical designation Gamma-145 in grid sector 0219. The lab coats have been calling it 'Trinity.' It has four gas giants and two habitable planets in the goldilocks zone. Your first task is to get to those planets and have the labcoats decide which is best to set up shop. One is an arid world, while the other is an atoll world."

Valentine nodded again. "What ship will I be commanding?" He asked, his hazel eyes still scanning the multitude of dossiers.

"You can keep your ship, Rear Admiral. I think the Spirit will make a fine flagship for Battlegroup Warden." Valke replied.

Wayne paused to let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. "Thank you, sir. The Spirit is a good ship and has an even better crew."

"I thought that would give you a sense of comfort. Now you have an expedition to lead, and I have more meetings. That will be all, Rear Admiral Valentine." Valke said, standing.

Wayne stood up and gave a crisp salute. "Aye aye, sir!"

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…