• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: DION Senate Bill One

Zack

Inactive Member
Edward Williams sat down in the plush leather sofa in his house and pressed a button on the remote in his right hand which turned the glass on the window overlooking funky city black and lowered his view screen into place so that the video conference could begin.

"Governors,â€

Hieronymus yawned impatiently as he awaited the conference between various governors to begin. A transparent breathing apparatus was fixed around his mouth, gently recycling the vapors exhaled by Hieronymus. His mind still clouded from the toxins he enjoyed ever so sweetly was not prepared to take on the conference call at the moment. A mild psychedelic was the last thing he should use before such an important meeting, but the ritual had almost become writ, being preformed on a daily basis. To his look, Hieronymus flapped his left hand down on the table beside him, and removed a small handful of anti-toxins and quickly downed them in succession.

Now being thrown headfirst out his trip, Hieronymus began to transmit feed from his end. "Greetings, Mr. Williams! It is a pleasure that we now can start a direction for the Empire; it seems as if we are in desperate need for some. Our Emperor seems impotent to keep with his duties, and with the SMX now baying not too far from us we need motion!â€

Alex had read quickly over the documents while Hieronymus had spoken, and when a suitable moment came smiled softly, stood up and spoke, his voice gentle and persuasive, accenting certain points with careful use of body language, not showing passion but careful enthusiasm, "I do not see anything wrong with the bill as it stands. It is after all simply outlining what seems to already in effect, given that we are already here voting on it, and outlining how we are to format our applications," he paused and smiled, "And I most certainly have no problems with the honourable Lord Brodequin being our Speaker."

"As for the second point, the one which our new Lord Speaker has brough up I do believe that defence is of paramount important to us at the moment. Currently we could not survive against even a fraction of Yamatai's forces, even a tiny fraction, and I do not believe simply distancing ourselves from Yamatai is going to stop the SMX attacking us," he sniffed, "It is not as if we can expect reasoning from such aliens. The SMX have been able to nigh on cripple the Star Army of Yamatai on multiple occasions, and as things stand our survival against an assault from said fiends can not even be said to be negligible, it is truly non-existent!â€

Edward Williams spoke up, "Very well, under the Provisional Senate provisions three votes brings this bill into effect. I plan to put another bill up for voting soon that deals with the issues raised here soon.â€

"I believe this bill best suits our need for structure at his point in time." spoke Hieronymus to the two gathered governors. "I cast my vote as Yes towards this bill passing. Now let us hear others of their opinion on the proposal." The last sentence was finished by a brief pause in broadcasting as Hieronymus took a personal message from one of his business associates.

"Yes, please start buying an area for the offices, we will also need a warehouse to store the equipment." Hieronymus then shut the conference down and unpaused his feed with the governors.

Nathan, late for the video conference, got comfortable in his chair behind a desk and stretched, popping his arms and back. He leaned back, putting his feet up on the desk before clicking into the conference. "yo." he said once the other three appeared on the holoscreens surrounding the front of his desk as he leaned back with his hands behind his head. "sorry about being late, just had to deal with some personal issues on Kennewes." he said. "what have I missed?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back