• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Character Bodytailor Orion 72-3933-9428

SentientRace

Inactive Member
Orion is scheduled for the 4th AASP plot run by Uso.

As for lack of proper ranking, occupation and/or inventory, you may read the OOC Discussion section at the bottom of his biography which explains the issue or read the following: I have yet to discuss with Uso the exact ranking and occupations of my character, as he has shown interest on some kind of tech developer and I would need his final word on the subject. I have already sent him a message regarding the biography. Once he answers, I will edit the page and fill in the necessary holes to finish the page proper.

Navy and P3C.

Alternatively do yo do have option of playing a civilian contractor, and then negotiate your pay grade in the RP.

Interesting... I wonder which route Orion would choose...

What is the difference between a civilian contractor and an actual Private 3rd Class (other than the obvious civilian status the contractor has)?

P3C would be bound to follow military rules very strictly, obey the chain of command, and would be eligible for promotions.

A contractor would have more freedom to negotiate pay and perks, wouldn't technically be bound by the chain of command, but wouldn't really be eligible for promotions either. They would also be able to leave the contract pretty much at will.

Alright, four more questions. If I were to choose civilian contractor:

1. Would he be allowed on the ship and would he carry his operations there?

2. Would he be contracted only for tech development or would he also be contracted for assisting and entering actual combat?

3. Would his works for the Nepleslian military still be under his name?

4. Would he be able to join the military later if he so pleases?

1) Yes

2) Sorta, the 4th fleet mainly does combat using remotely operated ships. Physical crew are kept out of combat as much as possible but they still contribute to the war effort by analyzing combat and producing new tactics/technologies for use. Of course if shit does hit the fan he'll be expected to pick up a gun.

3) Yes, There would be some limitations on who he could sell things he created while under contract with the military, and the military would retain manufacturing rights, but he would get a cut of the production cost whenever that item is produced and he would get credit for the item. This is what I had intended, however as a contractor he can always negotiate the stipulations in his contract.

4) Yes

Alright. Well, I think I'm going to go with Civilian Contractor. That means that I'm going to have to make a huge overhaul to the skills section as well as the last bit of the history section, but otherwise the bio will remain the same.

In the case Orion finds the military pleasing enough to stay a permanent member of it, he'll just officially become a Nepleslian military member.

We'll negotiate the actual bids of the contract ICly (not that Orion really cares about money or for the contract per-se), and that'll be that. For now, I've gotta go to a Rave Party. Tomorrow I'll edit the bio and post here one last time, then be ready for the 4th AASP plot.

Nice doin business with ya. =d

Hey, while I'm checking this out could you make your user page? Character bios are supposed to be free of red links.

Edit: I fixed a lot of "its" errors and removed the broken image link.

Edit 2: When did the NMX fleets attack? It's almost certainly YE 31, but it should be listed on the history. "Hybrot" needs to be defined. It's a non-standard term.

Other than that, everything seems okay to me.

Finished the user page. Added the year YE 31 and defined hybrot, which is also defined in the Type Four wiki page.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ