• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Breaker ABR

I recommend against using direct impingement with a round that appears to have the same dimensions as 8 x 57 mm Mauser. That is a very powerful rifle round that puts a lot of fouling on the bolt face (a lot more powder in the cartridge), and also produces a lot higher peak pressure.

Despite what a lot of AR devotees will tell you, using a short-stroke piston is not going to degrade the rifle's accuracy by any meaningful amount, and the recoil will be reduced to moderate (instead of moderate to heavy).

DI is better for a small cartridge, such as 5.56 mm.

Also, 2,800 m/s is blindingly fast. Unless the rounds are being propelled with something other than chemical reactions, this needs to be reduced. You're looking at something probably around 1,000 m/s (~3,200 fps).

To be honest, I based a lot of the information off of this. Mine is only 200 fps faster, and in actuality, the M16 rifle has a muzzle velocity of 3,110 ft/s (948 m/s), so 2800 is actually slow. Remember, that's Feet per second, not meters. Most standard rifles, including the M14, are right around there.

Anyway, I switched to closed bolt short stroke gas operation, and took out the full auto. I also reduced the size of the round. It's not supposed to be a Mauser, it's a 7.62 NATO variant (or that's what I was going for).

Approved by recommendation

RPG-D RPGfix
Back